New features, problems?--Characterísticas nuevas, problemas

Topics that are out of date or are no longer of interest.<br>
Temas que son anticuado o ya no tienen intéres.

Moderator: Moderators

Art
Site Admin

New features, problems?--Characterísticas nuevas, problemas

Post by Art »

I have made a number of significant changes to the forum.

There are several new features you'll want to try:

When you're answering a Private Message (PM), you can now view the PM you're responding to. Before you had to remember what the author of the PM had said.

You can also easily add a photo to a message. Look for "Add image to post" (right beneath the message box). We'll test this over the next few weeks and decide whether to keep it. Let me know what you think.

If you see any problems with the forum, please email me at the email address at the bottom of every forum page.

Thanks, Art

---------------

He hecho muchos cambios significativos al foro.

Hay varios nuevas características para intentar:

Cuando estás contestando a un Mensaje Privado (PM), ahora puedes ver el PM original. Antes tenía que recordar lo que el autor del del original había dicho.

También puedes fácilmente añadir una foto a un mensaje. Busque el enlace "Añadir Imagen al Mensaje" (directamente abajo de la caja de mensaje). Probaremos esto durante las próximas semanas y decidiremos si lo guardamos o no. Avíseme lo que piensas.

Si se ve cualquier problema con el foro, se ruega que me envía un emilio a la dirección al fondo de cada página del foro.

Saludos, Art
Art
Site Admin

Post by Art »

I've made a few more changes, so let me know if you see problems.

------------

He hecho unos cambios al foro, entonces dime si ves cualquier problema.
Eli

Post by Eli »

Not much of a problem but when conducting a search using Fx the table with the results is wider than the rest of the forum, it doesn't happen with IE.
Art
Site Admin

Post by Art »

Thanks, for the bug report, Elí.

I've been frustrated by that with Firefox, but I hadn't realized that it doesn't happen in IE. That's interesting.

Anyway, there's a bug in the core software so that when something that normally is unbreakable (like a link or a topic title) is wider than the containing box, it blows out the layout. Each browser interprets pages slightly differently. Unfortunately, this one is ugly.

As a partial solution I've considered making the entire page wider, but there are stilll people using smaller screens (like on laptops) and fairly low resolution settings. If I make the whole site wider, those people will have to scroll to see the right side of the pages, which would be even more irritating than blown out pages. Hmm, come to think of it, it's likely that those with narrow screens have to scroll to see the blown out pages, too!

Return to “Retired Threads - Hilos retirados”