FAQFAQ          SearchSearch          MemberlistMemberlist          UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile          Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages          Log inLog in          
Lecture: Immigration as a Natural Process

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Asturian-American Migration Forum Index -> Events - Acontecimientos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Art
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 3:33 pm    Post subject: Lecture: Immigration as a Natural Process Reply with quote

For anyone in the Washington, DC area, this could be a very interesting lecture. Let me know if you want more info on the center or instructions on how to get there.

October 5, 2006, 7:30 PM
Immigration as a Natural Process
Louise Rauseo, RN, MS, The Bowen Center Faculty

Held at the Georgetown Family Center
4400 MacArthur Blvd, NW, Suite 103
Washington, DC 20007

This presentation offers an opportunity to think about immigration as a natural process, influenced by the same factors of resource depletion, population density, environmental changes, and emotional process that influence migration in other species. Mrs. Rauseo draws on Bowen theory and her study of families in the midst of migration at the U.S./Mexico border to address the influence of family emotional process on migration.

----------------

Inmigración como proceso natural

Para cualquier persona quien estará cerca de Washington, DC, ésta podía ser una conferencia muy interesante. Dime si deseas más información sobre el centro o direcciones.

Octubre 5, 2006, 7:30 PM
Immigration as a Natural Process
Louise Rauseo, RN, MS, de la facultad del Bowen Center

Tendrá lugar en el Georgetown Family Center
4400 MacArthur Blvd, NW, Suite 103
Washington, DC 20007

Esta presentación ofrece una oportunidad de pensar de la inmigración como un proceso natural, influenciado por los mismos factores del agotamiento del recurso, la densidad demográfica, los cambios ambientales, y el proceso emocional que influencian la migración en la otra especie. Señora Rauseo recurre a la teoría de Bowen y su estudio de familias en el medio de la migración en la frontera de los EE.UU. /Mexico para tratar la influencia del proceso emocional de la familia sobre la migración.
fjc

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:18 pm    Post subject: Lecture -- Immigration as a natural process Reply with quote

Art:

If you can send me information on this I'd appreciate it. Not sure that I will be able to attend but I will surely try. Just the registration process will suffice as I am familiar with the area and can drive down from NJ.

Thank You.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Art:

Si me puedes mandar informacion sobre esta conferencia estaria muy agradecido. No necesito mas que como registrarme.
Art
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that'd be a long ride for an hour or two.

I don't think there is any registration. It's free. You can see the brochure here:
http://www.thebowencenter.org/pages/thursday%20lectures%2006-07.pdf
and the meeting announcement here:
http://www.thebowencenter.org/pages/thursdaylectures.html

-----------------

Vaya, sería un viaje largo para un acontecimiento de un o dos horas.

No creo que hay registración. Es gratis. Puedes ver el folleto aquí:
http://www.thebowencenter.org/pages/thursday%20lectures%2006-07.pdf
y el anuncio de la sesión aquí:
http://www.thebowencenter.org/pages/thursdaylectures.html
Bob

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The brochure specifically states that the lectures are "free and open to the public."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Asturian-American Migration Forum Index -> Events - Acontecimientos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: