Cancion a las abejas

Lyrics for Asturian songs in the public domain<br>
La letra de canciones asturianas en el dominio público

Moderators: Chris, Moderators

RODOLFO
Location: Fabricado en CUBA de las mejores piezas de ASTURIES

Cancion a las abejas

Post by RODOLFO »

Cuando las abejas se les cambia de panal se les canta una cancion para que vengan al nuevo panal.
Mi bisabuela y otras viejinas en la aldea de Cardes de Cangas de Onis cantaban lo siguiente al ritmo de unos pedazos de tejas que tenian en las manos .
Posa galanes... Posa galanes
A casa nueva... a casa nueva hija a casa nueva.
Esto lo repetian varias veces hasta que las abejas en enjambre entraban al nuevo panal.

---------------------
trans. Art

When the bees move to a new honeycomb [when they swarm] [beekepers] sing a song to them so that they'll go to the new honeycomb. My great-grandmother and other older women in the village of Cardes in Cangas de Onis sang the following to the rhythm of pieces of slate roofing tiles that held in their hands.
Come down pretty ones... Come down pretty ones
To your new home... to your new home, daughter[s], to your new house.
They repeated this several times until the swarmng bees entered the new honeycomb.
Asturies ye España y el restu tierra conquistada y pa ser Rey de España en primero tien que ser Principe de Asturies
Terechu

Post by Terechu »

Hola Rodolfo y bienvenido.
Gracias por el cantarin :o . Aunque no lo conocía, me imagino que será "Posa-y galanes" (posad, galanas). En Asturias se usa "galana" como sinónimo de hermosa, i.e. "La Virgen de Covadonga ye piquiñina y galana...".

---------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the little song. :o Even though I didn't know it myself, I can imagine that it goes: "Posa-y, galanes" (settle down, my pretties). In Asturias we use "galana" as a synonim for handsome or pretty, i.e. ""La Virgen de Covadonga ye piquiñina y galana...".

Un saludo
Bob

Post by Bob »

I am reminded of "Pleitu Ente Uviéu Y Mérida Pola Posesión Les Cenices De Santolalla" (The Litigation between Oviedo and Mérida for the Possession of the Remains of Saint Eulalia) by Antón de Marireguera ( 1605- 1666 or so), which begins

Cuandu examen les abeyes
y posen de flor en flor,
si les escorren s'espanten:
vanse y nun facen llabor,
dexando'l caxellu vieyu
pa buscar otru meyor.
Santa Olaya fo l'abeya
que de Mérida ensamó,
enfadada qu'adorasen
les fegures de llatón...

It was the first work in asturianu that I translated in an effort to begin learning the language. Given its age, perhaps not the best possible choice for a first attempt, but I enjoyed working through it nonetheless.

Return to “Asturian Songbook - Cancionero asturiano”