Help with Photos - Asturias and Regla, Cuba

Researching our ancestors in Asturias & America.<br>
Investigando nuestros antepasados en Asturias y America

Moderators: svgev, Maria Garcia Alvarez, Moderators

lgarcia

Help with Photos - Asturias and Regla, Cuba

Post by lgarcia »

I received today family photos taken in early 1950’s. One woman in photo is (I believe) from Asturias. Her name is Adelina Garcia. She is the cousin of Tomas Fernandez Menendez Garcia (later assumed name of Tomas Carter and lived in Michigan) and Celestino Fernandez Menendez Garcia (later took the name of Tim F. Garcia and lived in Anmoore, West Virginia.) If anyone knows Adelina or her family members, I would be interested in contact. For many years, she wrote to my grandfather, Tim F. Garcia, while he lived in West Virginia.
Two other photos include someone by the name of Dr. Cubero while in Regla, Cuba. Another is of a young boy named Osiris – also in Regla Cuba. These photos were taken, I believe, in early 1950’s during a visit from Ulpiano Fernandez Menendez and Tomas Fernandez Menendez – both native Asturians who immigrated to the United States in 1915.
I realize that my opportunity to make connections is small but there’s always a bit of hope!
Linda Garcia

------------------------------

He recibido hoy la familia fotos tomadas a principios del 1950. Una mujer en la foto es (creo) de Asturias. Su nombre es Adelina García. Ella es el primo de Tomás Fernández García Menéndez (más tarde asumió el nombre de Tomas Carter y vivió en Michigan) y Celestino Fernández García Menéndez (más tarde tomó el nombre de Tim F. García y vivió en Anmoore, West Virginia.) Si alguien sabe o Adelina Los miembros de su familia, estaría interesado en contactar. Durante muchos años, ella escribió a mi abuelo, Tim F. García mientras él vivía en West Virginia.
Otras dos fotos son alguien por el nombre del doctor Cubero mientras que en Regla, Cuba. Otra es la de un joven llamado Osiris - también Regla en Cuba. Estas fotos se tomaron, en mi opinión, a principios de 1950 durante una visita de Ulpiano Menéndez Fernández y Tomás Fernández Menéndez - ambos nativos asturianos que emigraron a los Estados Unidos en 1915.
Me doy cuenta de que mi oportunidad de hacer conexiones es pequeño, pero siempre hay un poco de esperanza!

Linda García
Art
Site Admin

Post by Art »

Hi, Linda, I'm not sure what you're asking for. If you want to post photos in your message, you can follow the instructions here:
http://www.asturianus.org/forum/viewtop ... =7114#7114

But don't add a new message; just edit your original message using the edit button above and to the right of the message.

After doing that, you'll want to change the title of you message so that others will know what it's about.

-----------------

Hola, Linda, No estoy seguro que entiendo que quieres. Si quieres pegar fotos en tu mensaje, lee las instrucciones aquí:
http://www.asturianus.org/forum/viewtop ... =7114#7114

Pero no añadas un mensaje nuevo; edita el original usando el botón encima y a la derecha del mensaje.

Después de hacer eso, deberías cambiar el título de tu mensaje para que otros visitantes entienden el tema del mensaje.

Return to “Genealogy - Genealogía”