FAQFAQ          SearchSearch          MemberlistMemberlist          UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile          Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages          Log inLog in          
Bacalao - Salt Cod with Potatoes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Asturian-American Migration Forum Index -> Seafood - Mariscos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bob

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 6:49 pm    Post subject: Bacalao - Salt Cod with Potatoes Reply with quote

BACALAO - CODFISH WITH POTATOES

1 pound salted cod without bones
1 onion, chopped
4 medium potatoes, cooked and cut into quarters
1 quart canned tomatoes or tomato sauce
1 green pepper, chopped
parsley
1 can pimientos (or piquillo peppers)
olive oil

Soak dried salt codfish at least 24 hours in several changes of cold water to remove the salt. Rinse well under running water before using. Brown onion, parsley, pimiento and green pepper in olive oil. Add a quart of tomatoes or tomato sauce and simmer until veggies are soft. Add preboiled potatoes and place codfish on top. Cook about 15 minutes more.
Patricia Diaz Krause

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 5:30 pm    Post subject: Cod fish Reply with quote

My Mom and Dad and Padrino and Madrina all used to make bacalao.
Wow, I haven't had that dish in years either. This Asturian-American website sure brings back alot of memories. I also haven't had a chorizo in years....
Patricia Diaz Krause Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Asturian-American Migration Forum Index -> Seafood - Mariscos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: