FAQFAQ          SearchSearch          MemberlistMemberlist          UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile          Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages          Log inLog in          
WVPBS is showing the little pieces of asturian americans

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Asturian-American Migration Forum Index -> Events - Acontecimientos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Luis Argeo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:44 pm    Post subject: WVPBS is showing the little pieces of asturian americans Reply with quote

This week, in West Virginia Public Broadcast System,
the making off of our story in Spelter...
http://www.wvpbs.net/tv/outlook/default.asp

Thanks. Luis Argeo
Art
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Luis!

This is an video prepared by West Virginia Public Broadcasting about the making of Luis' film. It's been broken into two parts, each about 6-7 minutes.

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGTYYIsqaFs

Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-PvTU4TU34

Ron and Luis are the stars! Congratulations to both on the strong reception their work is receiving.

-------------------

¡Gracias, Luis!

Éste es un video preparado por Televisión Pública de Virginia Occidental [WVPB] sobre la creación de la película de Luis. Ha estado dividido en dos porciones, cada uno de más o menos 6-7 minutos.

Parte 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGTYYIsqaFs

Parte 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-PvTU4TU34

¡Ron y Luis son las estrellas! Enbuenahora a ambos para la recepción tan fuerte que su obra está recibiendo.
Ron Gonzalez

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luis, all of the Asturians of Spelter thank you. I thank you for telling our story. It was a week that I will never forget.

Ron
Terechu

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As one of the lucky ones who has seen the entire documentary on a movie screen, I can assure you that the video clips are too small to do it justice. It is an extremely original and well executed film, with an extraordinary "cast" that fills your heart to burst. This documentary and all the people in it (including filmaker Luis Argeo) project unaffected human kindness and sincerety. It's really very, very good.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Como una de los afortunados que hemos visto el documental entero en pantalla de cine, os aseguro que estos video clips, no le hacen justicia del todo al ser tan cortos. Es una película extremadamente original y bien ejecutada, con un "reparto" de protagonistas que te llenan el corazón. La gente que sale en este documental (inclusive el director Luis Argeo) proyectan cariño y sinceridad sin ningún tipo de afectación. Es buenísimo de verdad.
Xose

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very, very cool and well overdue. It's about time that the fantastic story of our forefathers and mothers were told. I agree with Ron that it's a shame they weren't here to tell it themselves.

Puxa Asturies.....

Montani Semper Liberi
Berodia

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tiene muy buena pinta el documental.

Gracias por los enlaces de youtube.

Saludos.
Shawn

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:55 am    Post subject: English version? Reply with quote

Is there an English version of the documentary? Is there a way to order a copy of either version (Spanish or English?) My grandfather (Manuel Diaz) was born and grew up in Zeising/Spelter and would love to see the documentary. I, too, would love to learn more about the history in both Asturias and Zeising.

Shawn
Ron Gonzalez

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Shawn
Your grandfather and I have something in common , I was born and grew up in Ziesing also . Same of the best years of my life .
Art
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shawn, that's a good question about whether the video will be available for purchase. We'll have to ask Luis. I expect that eventually Bob, our media librarian, will have a lending copy.

---------------------

Shawn, formulas una pregunta muy buena sobre si será posible comprar el video. Tendremos que preguntar a Luis. Pienso que eventualmente Bob, nuestro bibliotecario, tendré una copia que podemos prestar.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Asturian-American Migration Forum Index -> Events - Acontecimientos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: