Spanish citizenship is extended to grandchildren

Asturian cultural identity, Spanish nationality, & return to Asturias: legal, social, & personal aspects.<br>
Identidad cultural asturiana, nacionalidad española, y regreso a Asturias: cuestiones legales, sociales, y personales.

Moderator: Moderators

sisthodul

spanish citizenship

Post by sisthodul »

Hello everybody, I am the msn group HyNE american coordinator and I just found your web site.
I would like to help interested people on what to do to obtain the spaniard citizenship. Feel free to ask questions. We need to have solidarity like our ancestors, helping each other!!!

Regards
Bob

Post by Bob »

Welcome to our website. I've been following discussions at your HyNE site for some time, and have recommended it to our members who, like me, are interested in obtaining dual nationality.

Some of our members are monolingual, and it would be helpful if you would post updated information here in English, or better yet, both English and Spanish, which would allow all of our members to follow the issue.

The HyNE website (Hijos y Nieto de Españoles) website is http://groups.msn.com/nietosporlaciudadania
agaetis

Post by agaetis »

Raul o Jose,

Have either of you made any strides since your last posts? I'm only 23 years old; however, my grandfather was born in Puerto Rico in 1893 when it was still a Spanish province.

I contacted the Spanish Consulate in Chicago and they told me that I wouldn't qualify because the law would only apply to me if he had been born in the Iberian Penn.

Just wondering what news you all may have.

Thanks,

Oscar
Bob

Post by Bob »

I don't think that the regulations to implement the new law have been approved yet, and it may still take a while for new information to trickle down to the consulates. I would suggest communicating directly with the Ministerio de Justicia, in Spanish, of course. Also, see the above posts for a good source of information.
lucialoo

Post by lucialoo »

my granfather was born in galcia in northern spain and went to work in cuba and then in brazil and married a brazilian!
There child is my father-who i no longer have contact with!
but i am in contact with his parents
would i be eligable for citizenship? and what is this about the new law or something?
somebody please explain!
thank u!
i know im galician n not asturian but we are all friends here :P
jajaja
Bob

Post by Bob »

Under the new law )the regulations for which will not be published until December 2008) you should be eligible for citizenship. Now is the time to start getting all your documents (birth and marriage certificates) in line.
Xose

Post by Xose »

If you want on the fast track to Spanish citizenship, start practicing soccer. Google Ronaldinho and Marcos Senna for more info.

:lol:
Xose

Post by Xose »

Or Luis Fabiano:
LINK
han_chua2000

Post by han_chua2000 »

Im a filipino, and my great grandfather is pure spanish. Could i get spanish citizenship? However, we dont have his birth cetificate. We only know abt where he and his family is from and his birthdate.
Bob

Post by Bob »

The new law, as I understand it, applies only to grandchildren, not great grandchildren. I suggest browsing the threads at http://groups.msn.com/nietosporlaciudadania

Birth records since 1871 are available from the various registros civiles, but you have to now where your ancestor was born to know which one to ask. If you post whatever information you have, some of our members may be able to help. Since many of our members are monolingual, posting in both English and Spanish is a good idea.

For earlier dates, there are also parish records.
han_chua2000

Post by han_chua2000 »

My mother wants to obtain spanish citizenship as well. what we know is that my great grandfather was born in 1901, in Basque, particularly in Elantxobe. Thanks very much, would appreciate any info you could give me. Unfortnately, i can not post this message in spanish as i dont know how to speak it. Gracias! (one of the few words i knw) :D
han_chua2000

Post by han_chua2000 »

Do i have to go to spain straightaway for the records or would the spanish embassy here in manila be able to assist us with that? thanks
Bob

Post by Bob »

It would be cheaper just to write for the records. Quite a few registros civiles provide for on-line requests. See http://www.justizia.net/RegistroCivil/D ... ccion=jpaz
alegret

nietos nacionalidad española

Post by alegret »

Es muy importante indicar que la Ley de Memoria histórica concederá la nacionalidad española a los nietos de aquellos españoles que tuvieron que exiiarse como consecuencia de la Guerra civil de 1936-1939.

Este matiz es importantísimo y estamos a la espera del desarrollo de la Ley.

Alegret
JOSÉ MANUEL ANTÓN DE LA CALLE
ABOGADOS DE EXTRANJERÍA Y NACIONALIDAD
OVIEDO-ASTURIAS
http://www.trabajodeextranjerosenespana.com
splitfire2310

spanish citizenship

Post by splitfire2310 »

Good day. My wife is a Filipina but her grandfather, was originally a Spanish citizen from Santander, Spain who immigrated, settled and lived in the Philippines from 1935-1979. He married a Filipina and bore children who were raised here in the Philippines. Some of his children became Spanish citizens who availed of an earlier law in 2000(im not so sure of the date), granting Spanish citizenship to children of Spanish citizens born abroad.

My question is, can my wife apply for Spanish citizenship under the new law of historical memory granting spanish citizenship to grandchildren? She has a birth certificate of her grandfather showing that he was indeed born in Santander, Spain. If ever she becomes a Spanish citizen, does her minor child also become automatic Spanish citizens? If she is qualified, can we already start applying with the local spanish embassy since i heard it will only take effect this December 28, 2008?

I hope that you will enlighten me on this. We really not need some knowledge on this matter and I hope that your good site can help us on this even if we are not asturians. we know that we share a common interest and your help will be greatly appreciated. thank you very much sir!
mabuhay

Return to “Identity, Nation, Return - Identidad, país, vuelta”