Plans for the US Premier of the film AsturianUS

Happenings of interest to forum participants.<br>
Sucesos de interés a foreros.

Moderator: Moderators

Rvega

Post by Rvega »

Hello Art,

After reading the review of Los Agaves it sounds like a perfect place for our get-together. We are looking forward to meeting everyone. Thanks for the update. See you there !

Roberto
Ron Gonzalez

Post by Ron Gonzalez »

Well it was a big night on the 12 of May. We all meet at the Los Agaves Restaurant to celebrate our Asturian roots. There were 23 of us from the forum there and I hope that all had a good time. As I sat there looking at my past go by on the screen I could not help myself: my mind went back to the good times of my youth, and of the ones who came before us. Every face had a smile; all were happy in their new home. It was a good life here for them, but their hearts were in Asturias.

For the past two days Luis and I have had the best time. We talked, ate, had a little wine, took long walks. He is my hermanu and I will always think of him as my hermanu. I have made a lot of new good friends, thanks to this forum. Good Asturian friends, are there any other kind?

So I would say to all of you, be happy. The ones that came before us were very happy with their new life. They are not with us any more, but they will always be with us
Rvega

Post by Rvega »

I must also say that it was wonderful to meet and connect with my AsturianUS forum families. Luis thank you so much for your film ! The images you captured were heartfelt and I believe you have awakened what appears to be a mutual desire both here in the US and in Asturias to remember and to know more about our families both past and present. BRAVO Luis !

I wish to thank you again for the gift of the Asturian flag. Also, thank you for spending the time with us on Saturday morning, we enjoyed so much having breakfast and talking with you.

This forum is truly amazing, I also made a lot of new friends and as Ron said, Asturian friends, it gets no better.
Luis Argeo

Post by Luis Argeo »

Here I am, at Ron's, checking my email and the AsturianUS.org web site. I only could say that for me it has been a great pleasure to celebrate my birthday so far away from home, but so close to my folks. West Virginia is also my home.
Thank you very much to everyone who attended the premiere last Saturday in Charleston. It was a pleasure meeting everyone.

We continue in touch, I will think about the DVD copies as soon as possible.
Take care, y un abrazo

Luis

Ron (who use to be Maria Mandiles when he is in the kitchen) says hello. We have eaten empanada, chorizo, tortilla espanola, vino... How could I feel homesick?

Return to “Events - Acontecimientos”