Licor de guindas - Cherries' liquor

Serving cider & wine with Asturian meals. Making cider & other beverages.<br>
Servir sidra y vino con comidas asturianas. Hacer sidra y otra bebidas.

Moderators: almudena, Moderators

Maestro Tomberi

Licor de guindas - Cherries' liquor

Post by Maestro Tomberi »

INGREDIENTS:

1 kg of cherries.
1 litre of liquor. (anis)
800 grs of sugar.
1 cinnamon stick & lemon peel. (optional)

Just pour all the ingredients in a closed recipient (such as a carafe). Let the whole mix macerate the very least 1 month (it can be macerated up to years) and shake it often to dissolve the sugar.

For those who haven't tried it, it flavour is very close to the Pacharán made in Navarra.
is

Post by is »

Sounds good, M.T. You should start work on an Asturian recipe book. I know they exist, but your recipes sound very home-made and hearty.

Can you tell us what differentiates the anisette called 'La Asturiana' from other brands? Does it matter when you make your cherry liquor?

My father used to buy this stuff up in County Ponga when we were kids and we stayed there over the winter holidays. I still remember seeing those bottles around the house from the village of Sobrefoz.
Maestro Tomberi

Thank you very much; Is, however I think that would be many work. Altough if an editorial wants to give me the chance... :D

I think there are some differences that would be interesting to know: The first one is what differenciates the anisette from other anis liquors, which is the graduation of eeach one: while anissettes properly named (such as Marie Brizzard [e.g.] contain a 17% of alcohol, while proper anis "aguardientes" contain around a 40% of it.

Besides this, what can difference trademarks like "La Asturiana" and "Anís El Mono" and other brands, I think the main difference could be the quality of the used grain or/and the following destillation processess...I can't think of much more about that.

At any rate the difference shouldn't be too significative.
Raquel M

Hi!

Post by Raquel M »

Hi!
I just wanted to be sure...you were talking about fresh cherries and
granulated white sugar or any other kind of sugar?
Thanks!
Maestro Tomberi

Yes. Both fresh cherries (this one is a must) and white sugar. This is the traditional way. However; as we use to say there may be as many recipees as houses in town, so you could try mixing white sugar with brown, or just brown sugar, as another sugegstion in order to give it another touch... The ingredients of your heart's content :).
Raquel M

Post by Raquel M »

I want to be sincere with you, to tell you the truth I read the recipe
and I want to make it with guava!

Quiero ser sincera con usted, para decir la verdad, yo lei la receta y
yo la quiero hacer con guayaba!
Bob

Post by Bob »

I've always understood guindas to refer to sour (Morello) cherries and cerezas to sweet cherries. Is it the sour cherries that are used in this recipe?
Raquel M

Post by Raquel M »

The " guindas" are sour....they are also called "Barbado's cherries".

Las guindas son acidas...son tambien llamadas " Barbado's cherries".
Maestro Tomberi

Pueden ser lo mismo cerezas dulces o acidas. A estas últimas también se las conoce como "picotas"

Return to “Drinks, Cider - Bebidas, sidra”