Emigracion de Asturias 1902-1916

> Formal: construction, farming, manufacturing, mining, small businesses, smelting, etc. > Informal: blackberry picking, boarding houses, bootlegging, clothes washing, sausage making.<br>
> Formal: construcción, agricultura, fabricación, minería, pequeñas empresas, fundición, etc. > Informal: cosecha de moras, pensiones, contrabandista, colada, embutimiento.

Moderators: Maria Garcia Alvarez, JuanLeon, Moderators

jbarbo

Emigracion de Asturias 1902-1916

Post by jbarbo »

Quiero saber los nombres de los empleados de la Real Compania Asturiana de Minas de Arnao durante 1902-1916 quienes fueron la colonia de emigrantes que fueron para los US por causa de la huelga general en Arnao 1903 y por la inundación de la mina en 1916.

Mis bisabuelos trabajaron en Arnao 1895-1903. Tomas Barbao de San Miguel de Quilono, salió en el año 1905 y se fue para Anmoore, WV. Jose Garcia Lopez de San Martin de Laspra salió en el año 1906 y se fue a Cherryvale, Kansas, Anmoore,WV y luego para Langeloth, Pa.

También, me gustaría saber si hayan documentos sobre los nombres de estos asturianos saliendo de Asturias con visas o billetes de salida durante 1902-1916.

Muchos de nosotros, hijos de estos asturianos, nos gustaría tener más información sobre ellos en esos tiempos en Castrillon, Asturias 1902-1916

Saludos a todos. Gracias a Ron González por sus posts.

Asturian Emigration 1902-1916

I would like to know the names of the employees of Real Compania Asturiana of Mines from 1902-1916 who where the asturian colony of emigrants that left for the US because of the general strike in Arnao of 1903 and because of the flooded mine in Arnao in 1916.

My great grandfathers worked in Arnao from 1895-1903. Tomas Barbao, from San Miguel de Quilono, left in 1905 and went to Anmoore,West Virginia. Jose Garcia Lopez, from San Martin de Laspra, left in 1906 and went to Cherryvale,Kansas then to Anmoore,WV and later, to Langeloth,Pa.

Also, I would like to know if there were any documents with the names of these asturians leaving Asturias with exit visas or passenger tickets from 1902-1916.

Many of us, sons and daughters of these asturians, would like to have more information about them in those times around Castrillon,Asturias 1902-1916.

Hello and best wishes to all. Ron,thank you for your posts.

Return to “Work & Industry - Trabajo e industria”