Entrugues frecuentesEntrugues frecuentes          BuscarBuscar          MiembrosMiembros          Grupos d'UsuariosGrupos d'Usuarios    RexistraseRexistrase 
 PerfilPerfil          Entre pa ver los sus mensaxes privaosEntre pa ver los sus mensaxes privaos          ConectaseConectase          
Percebes (goose barnacles)

Publicar nueu tema   Responder al tema    Índiz del foro de la migración astur-americana -> Seafood - Mariscos
Ver tema anterior :: Ver tema siguiente  
Autor Mensaxe
Bob

Rexistrau: 24 Feb 2003
Mensaxes: 1738
Llugar: Connecticut and Massachusetts

MensaxePublicao: Xue Abr 23, 2009 10:05 am    Asuntu: Percebes (goose barnacles) Responder citando

La Tienda, a Virginia based Spanish import company, now has percebes (goose barnacles). They are expensive (as they are in Spain), but this represents the first time they have been availabe in the EEUU. I have just placed an order. They were the one thing I wanted to taste in Spain that I was unable to find.

If you order, please order through the website affiliate link. There is no additional cost to you, and AsturianUS.org will get a small contribution toward the cost of bandwidth.

Tornar arriba  
Maestro Tomberi

Rexistrau: 21 Ago 2009
Mensaxes: 170
Llugar: Gijón, Asturias

MensaxePublicao: Vie Ago 21, 2009 6:29 am    Asuntu: Responder citando

One of the best cities to ask for barnacles is Gijón, my city; altough the best place is Tapia. I highly recommend you to go there as well for the purpose.

Since if well we have a great portion of coast the availability you may dispose of them is moderated; since as you said, besides of being pretty expensive (I think the Kg is around 100-120 €), their capture is also risky and hard. However the preparation of the same ones, is yet really easy and simple. (Ask me how in the case you don't know) Smile

Maestro Tomberi, creador de fantasía y surrealismo
Tornar arriba  
Mostrar mensaxes de anteriores:   
Publicar nueu tema   Responder al tema    Índiz del foro de la migración astur-americana -> Seafood - Mariscos Toles hores son GMT - 4 Hores
Páxina 1 de 1

Dir a:  
Pue publicar nueos temes n'esti foru
Nun pue responder a temes n'esti foru
Nun pue editar los sus mensaxes n'esti foru
Nun pue esborriar los sus mensaxes n'esti foru
Nun pue votar en encuestes n'esti foru

Site design & hosting by

Zoller Wagner Digital Design