ASTURIANO BUSCA NOVIA EN TV/ ASTURIANO SEEKING GIRLFRIEND IN

Jokes & more<br>
Chistes y más

Moderator: Moderators

granda

ASTURIANO BUSCA NOVIA EN TV/ ASTURIANO SEEKING GIRLFRIEND IN

Post by granda »

Hilarious clip of a neighbour from Soto de Agues (county Sobrescobio) looking for a wife in Spanish TV

http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=hYzwde1qOM4

Video de un paisano de Soto de Agues (Sobrescobio) buscando novia por tv

http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=hYzwde1qOM4
is

Post by is »

I don't know, Granda. Doesn't this guy reinforce stereotypes about brutish Asturians for Spanish TV viewers?

I have nothing against older fellows plying for love on public television, but this schmalzy show out of Madrid, to me, exploits the usual tags about northerners in Spanish popular culture, as if they were so far removed from the the hardscrabble life of poor/uneducated mountain people in Asturias and Galicia.

So I think this is similar to what we call 'blaxploitation', a 1970s film phenomenon in American popular culture. I especially resent the 'oye, un beso...' at the end, as if we are all part of that supposedly mainstream in Spanish culture that assumes Asturians are short, nasty, brutish and dumb. Not really, ma'am. Nin te dou un beiso, nin na...

I'm just sayin...
granda

Post by granda »

I think all depends if you think that the people of Madrid is laughing at him or laughing of him.

The only problem with this clip is that he matter he is discussing and what it implies in his coments. I must admit that there is some parts in the clip where what he says is gross. However I reckon that this person is funny wherener and whenever he is

When I first looked at the clip I found similarities between him and Henry Felgueroso. In fact there is also a clip from Henry in youtube called "Mi primera vez"" that can be considered gross.

There are hundreds of paisanos in Asturias with similar sense of humour, specially in the Central Areas of Asturias (Cuencas). Personally I don't think that Asturians are any longer considered brutish and dumbs, although I must admit after a second view that they could be taking the mickey out of the guy.

However I am sure the guy could be very funny taking about any other matter, (i.e. football, politics, social, events)

Return to “Humor”