FAQFAQ          SearchSearch          MemberlistMemberlist          UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile          Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages          Log inLog in          
Spanish Soccer Teams Donora
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Asturian-American Migration Forum Index -> Genealogy - Genealogía
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lrknudson

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Spanish Soccer Teams Donora Reply with quote

jbarbo wrote:
Greetings to everyone!

Donora has had many soccer teams over 1920-1950. Here are two teams from the 1930 Spanish Zinc Works and the Spanish Club Maroons from 1948-49. Can you name everyone in the photos? My uncles, Joe Barbao and Emil Barbao were on the 1930 team. The young boys on the 1948-49 team are Jimmy Fernandez and Ricardo' Dinks' Fernandez, son of " El Cubano.

Saludos a todos!

Donora ha tenido muchos equipos de futbol entre 1920-1950. Aqui hay dos equipos del ano 1930, Spanish Zinc Works y el Spanish Club Maroons del ano1948-49. Conoce a los jugadores en las fotos? Mis tios, Joe Barbao y Emilio Barbao jugaron con el equipo 1930. Los guajes en la foto del 1948-49 son Jimmy Fernandez y Ricardo'Dinks' Fernandez, hijo de 'El Cubano.

Ricardo Fernandez (Dinks) is my father. El Cubano was my "Buelo". I wish I had started asking questions and paying attention sooner. I am now in my late 40's and trying to research my family.

Unlike many people on here, I disliked our trips back to Donora every other year. It smelled (zinc mines) and seemed dirty and old. I did not know anyone (not many my age) and would be made to sit while my parents visited people that I did not know (although they were relatives).

I did enjoy summers swimming at the Spanish Club (they had the best pizza) and my Buela's (Anita Medina) cooking and especially baking (Christmas cookies and Easter bread are tastes that I will never forget!)

If you have any information or directions that could lead me to more information, I'd appreciate it! Thanks, Lisa (Fernandez)
Bob

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Possibly. I don't have much in the way of actual records of her other than in documents concerning other relatives, but the date of birth sounds about right.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Asturian-American Migration Forum Index -> Genealogy - Genealogía All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: