FAQFAQ          SearchSearch          MemberlistMemberlist          UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile          Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages          Log inLog in          
Carl's in Anmoore

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Asturian-American Migration Forum Index -> Work & Industry - Trabajo e industria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lgarcia

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:32 pm    Post subject: Carl's in Anmoore Reply with quote

This past weekend, I was speaking with my father, Dick Garcia. He grew-up in Anmoore...born 1937 - oldest son of Tim & Wilma Garcia.

My dad mentioned a store that most in Anmoore area frequented. He said it was called "Carl's." Now he may have used the wrong name but typically his memory on such details is accurate.

I recall walking frequently to this store with my grandmother around the year of 1963 or 1964. Vaguely, it seems I recall that it was near Thelma Jack's house (I may be wrong on this...I was only about 3 years old).

Does anyone else remember this store in Anmoore? Who owned it and / or any stories?

Linda Garcia
c32palmer

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 9:40 am    Post subject: Carls market Reply with quote

I live a block from where Carls market was located. The building still stands. The owner was Carl Fletcher. My mother grew up around that time and she remembers it well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Asturian-American Migration Forum Index -> Work & Industry - Trabajo e industria All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: