Chorizo y manzanas con sidre Chorizo and apples with cider

Recipies using beef, veal, pork, sausages, patés, & game.<br>
Recetas empleando carne de vaca, ternera, cerdo, embutidos, paté, y caza.

Moderators: almudena, Moderators

Art
Site Admin

Chorizo y manzanas con sidre Chorizo and apples with cider

Post by Art »

4 chorizo sausages (about 1/2 pound)
2 green apples, peeled and cut into 1/2" slices
1 cup hard apple cider

Place chorizo and apple slices in a large skillet.
Add 1/2 cup of the cider.
Cover and cook 15 minutes, adding the rest of the liquid a little at a time as the liquid evaporates.
Slice the chorizo and serve with the apples and sauce.

The dish can be prepared in advance, but is best served within 1 hour of preparation because the apples look and taste fresher.

The article suggests that you could substitute Kielbasa or Italian sausage. Oh, heresy!

This recipe comes from an article by Cathy Thomas, "Going totally tapas: appetizers as main event", in the Orange County Register, although the copy I read was picked up by the Star-Ledger (Newark, New Jersey), August 23, 1995.

Original source: Penelope Casas, "The Foods and Wines of Spain" (New York: Alfred A. Knopf, 1983).

------------

Reverso translation (tweaked by Art)

4 salchichas de chorizo (~1/4 kilo)
2 manzanas verdes, peladas y cortadas en 1/2 " rebanadas
1 taza sidra

Pone el chorizo y la manzanas cortadas en un sartén grande.
Añada 1/2 taza de la sidra.
La cubierta y el cocinero 15 minutos, añadiendo el resto del líquido un poco a la vez como el líquido se evaporan.
Corte el chorizo y sirva con las manzanas y la salsa.

El plato puede estar preparado por adelantado, pero es mejor servido dentro de una hora de la preparación porque las manzanas miran y prueban más frescas.

El artículo sugiere que pudiera substituir Kielbasa o la salchicha italiana. ¡Ah, herejía!

Esta receta viene de un artículo por Cathy Thomas, "Yendo totalmente tapas: los aperitivos como el acontecimiento principal", in the Orange County, aunque la copia que leí era en The Star-Ledger (Newark, New Jersey), el 23 de agosto de 1995.

Fuente original: Penelope Casas, "The Foods and Wines of Spain" (New York: Alfred A. Knopf, 1983).
almudena
Translator

Post by almudena »

El "chorizo a la sidra" es una comida muy habitual en las "espichas" o en otro tipo de celebraciones donde se reune mucha gente pero jamás en toda mi vida he visto comer los chorizos a la sidra con manzanas. Quizás sea la costumbre en alguna zona, aunque lo dudo mucho, intentaré informarme

Translation by Bob

Chorizo (Asturian sausage) in cider is a very common food in the "espichas" or in other kinds of celebrations where many people get together, but never in all my life have I ever seen them eat chorizos in cider with apples. Perhaps this may be the custom in some regions, but I doubt it very much. I will try to find out

Bob's translation note: Espicha has several meaning, including the tasting that accompanies the opening of a barrel of cider, and any fiesta that centers around cider.

Return to “Meats - Carnes”