T-shirts / Camisetas

Suggest a new forum theme or link.<br>Tell us about a photo or article you want to add to the site.<br>
Sugiere un nuevo enlace o tema para el foro.<br>Dinos de una foto o artículo que quieres añadir al sitio.

Moderator: Moderators

Eric Smith Fernandez

T-shirts / Camisetas

Post by Eric Smith Fernandez »

I think the forum should sell T-shirts and baseball caps with an insignia of the forum. I think the AA that shows up in the adress bar would look good on a shirt. I think maybe people should send in idea's and have a deadline with a member vote. The only problem is who would print them, where would they ship from and what the cost should be. (A good form of advertising)

I also like the insignia at the begining of the film AsturianUS. The US letters were made with a U.S. flag background. The Asturian part would look cool with light blue letters and the "T" being formed like the "Cross of Victory".

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pienso que el foro debe venderse camisetas y gorras con "sellos" (no se la palabra en castellano para insignia) del foro. Pienso que la AA que muestra en el bar del correo del citio perecía muy bien en una camiseta. Creo que la gente debía mandar ideas para "los sellos" y tener una fecha de terminar la competición con un voto de los miembros. El problema sería: quién debe imprimirlas, de dónde encargarlas e cuánto costaría.
(Un buen ejemplo de publicidad)

También, me gusta "el sello" de la película AsturianUS. Las letras del U.S. estaban hecho de la bandera estadounidense. El parte asturiano percía bueno con letras azules y el 'T" será formado por "La cruz de la Victoria".
Soy un estudiante. Quiero estar seguro de que estoy escribiendo bien Si alguien se da cuenta de los errores gramaticales míos en los mensajes ¿Me puede avisar?
Art
Site Admin

Post by Art »

Thanks for posting this idea, Eric. We've considered doing this before, but have never taken the plunge.

I think we could sell them without a lot of trouble by using one of the "print-on-demand" companies, like Cafepress or Printfection. They handle printing the t-shirts, shipping the packages, and taking the orders.

What does everyone think? Would you be interested in buying an AsturianUS t-shirt?

--------------------------

Gracias por fijar esta idea, Eric. Hemos pensado hacerlo antes pero nunca hemos dado el paso.

Creo que podemos vender las camisetas sin muchos problemas por medio de uno de los negocios que ofrecen "impresión por encargo" o "impresión bajo demanda", como Cafepress o Printfection. Se encargan de imprimir las camisetas, enviar los paquetes, y tomar los pedidos.

¿Qué pensáis? Les interesa compra una camiseta de AsturianUS?
lgarcia

Asturian shirts, hats, etc.

Post by lgarcia »

I would buy several shirts, as described...one for me and more for family members. I agree that cafepress is a good idea in order to simplify the sales process.

I don't know much about t-shirt costs but believe that maybe the price increases as more colors are added? And of course, the quality of the shirt affects price.

I'd be happy to organize the CafePress effort - but you wouldn't want me to get near designing it. :D
is

Post by is »

Yeah, the design is important. Right now, I visualize a brown T-shirt with the AsturianUS logo, the crew neck part having the shade of brown that Art uses for the background on the web site and the rest of the T-shirt in a light brown or dirty off-white tending to tan. That's a great idea, Eric, and like lgarcia, I would also order for my brother and sister. Ta l.lou, xente...
Betty

Post by Betty »

I like this idea very much and am ready to send in my order for T-Shirt(s)!
I probably wouldn't be interested in the baseball caps though since I don't use them. Great idea!!
Betty
Art
Site Admin

Post by Art »

Okay. Eventually I'll have to work on a new logo. The logo you see above is a constructed image made up of several different photos. Unfortunately, it's very small, so it wouldn't reproduce well on a t-shirt. I didn't realize when I created it that we'd eventually want to use it for other things. We thought this was just going to be a little site with a few dozen members. Boy, were we wrong!

-----------------------

Muy bien. Eventualmente tendré que hacer una nueva logotipo. La logo que se ve encima es una imagen construida, hecha de varias distintas fotos. Desafortunadamente, es muy pequeño, así que no se reproduciría bien en una camiseta. No realicé cuando lo creé que eventualmente querríamos utilizarlo para otras cosas. Pensábamos que éste acabaría por ser un pequeño sitio con unos decenas de miembros. ¡Caramba! ¡Qué equivocados fuimos!
Bob

Post by Bob »

I still remember how happy we were when we reached 50 members, and how astounded when we reached 100. Whenever I sign on, guests outnumber members by over 10 to 1, so we are reaching a much broader audience than even our membership numbers suggest (1356 as of this moment).

I think the demand for t-shirts would be fairly strong. My family would probably buy 7 or 8 adult shirts and at least two in kid sizes. We should be sure to use good quality shirts and have them in a wide range of sizes up[ to 3X.
Art
Site Admin

Post by Art »

What other sizes do you think we should offer besides 3X?
Bob

Post by Bob »

If they are made when ordered, sizing shouldn't be a problem, but kid sizes (Evelyn is the expert here), and adult sizes, S, M, L, XL, 2XL, and 3XL.

The critical things to consider, in my opinion, are that the manufacturer should be able to print on all sizes, and that the size of the logo would have to be adapted by size, at least in broad terms. The logo should definitely include the web address.
Art
Site Admin

Post by Art »

Bob wrote:The logo should definitely include the web address.
Good idea!

I'll have to research whether they resize the image to fit different size t-shirts.
Barbara Alonso Novellino

Post by Barbara Alonso Novellino »

What a great idea! :P

I would be proud to wear it.

Its so wonderful to see how members there are in this forum...goes to show how many of us are out there.

PROUD TO BE SPANISH AND ESPECIALLY FROM ASTURIAS....

Barbara Alonso Novellino
lgarcia

t-shirts - cafepress

Post by lgarcia »

I poked around on Cafe Press. There does not appear to be a grey shirt offered. White t-shirt is 13.99; yellow $14.99; dark (which looks black to me) $18.99.

Advantages to cafe press is that they do all of the work - but they also keep most of the money. Asturianus could keep the proceeds above CafePress price. But by the time a shipping charge is added to the buyer's fee - then we would have to be careful of the price getting too high.

Maternity tops and fitted tops are available too. Hey, even boxers are available. That would be funny!
Bob

Post by Bob »

I don't think we need worry about making a profit, but if there were even a dollar left over from each shirt to go toward the website, it would help with the costs (bandwidth isn't cheap and we are all unpaid volunteers). Using the links on the website for purchases helps out as well, and from time to time the moderators donate a little to pay for expenses as needed.
Sonia Garcia Mandzok

T-Shirts

Post by Sonia Garcia Mandzok »

Great idea and I would order several........but I like white (I don't look good in brown, ha, ha ) and how about the flag of Asturies on it?
Betty

Post by Betty »

Don't know if this is the area for my comment, but talking about ordering the T-Shirts makes me think it might be a good opportunity to remind ourselves and new members to use the links to our vendors as described in "Shopping" as it helps to support this forum. I had been enjoying this Forum for awhile before I "stumbled" across this information.

The following information is found under "Links" here in the Forum.
Betty

Shopping

Using these affilliate links helps support the forum. There is no added cost to you.

Please visit our full list of our affiliate links (only a few are here)
http://www.asturianus.org/affiliateLinks.html

Return to “Suggest? Submission? - Sugerencia? propuesta?”