Witty and very funny - English political humor

Rational discussion of "hot" issues that affect Asturias, the US, etc.<br>
Discusión racional de temas acalorados que afectan a Asturias, EE.UU., etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Mouguias

Witty and very funny - English political humor

Post by Mouguias »

Bird & Fortune - The Admirals Interview

If you search youtube, you will find several other sketches from these comedians. I am not sure but I believe these must be related to an old comedy from the BBC: "Yes, Minister" or something of the sort. Their greatest merit is, in my view, that these fellows follow no allegiance. Their point of view is neither whig nor tory, and seems always original. They seem not only funny but also well informed, and mercylessly expose the unefficiency and corruption of the Government and public officers.
The script is related to UK politics but it can be easily translated into our own situation.
Bob

Post by Bob »

Thanks Mouguias, that video is very funny and remind me of the American situation as well.
Betty

Post by Betty »

Having just finished watching the PBS documentary about the US aircraft carrier the USS Nimitz, this is even more hilarious to me. Thanks, Mouguias, for the few minutes of levity!!
Betty
Mouguias

Post by Mouguias »

Did you watch eventually the "Subprime" piece? Hilarious

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyWn1PUS ... re=related
Bob

Post by Bob »

It wouldn't be so funny if it weren't so true.
is

Post by is »

Excellent. They covered a lot of jargon (structured, leveraged, enhanced, vehicle), and it all boils down to rewarding the greedy and the stupid. But I don't think the problem is in rural Alabama. If you look at the foreclosure rate, it is highest in places like suburban Riverside, California, and the sunbelt towns/cities of Arizona...

In Asturias, I think the second-home market of East Asturias (Llanes, especially, with people from the Basque Country and Madrid), will take a hit. Also the overvalued properties from Xixon (Gijon) to la Villa (Villaviciosa). Easy money is funny money, it turns out. Those brazen 'constructoras' in Asturias are now biting dust, which is an injection of health to the real economy.

The Economist, based on an IMF study, said that property values in Spain had to be axed by 20-30% to reach an equilibrium level. That's a pretty big adjustment to make. And construction was such a big part of Spanish GDP these last years that more laborious things like R&D were negelected. Suddenly, Spain and Portugal are back to being economic laggards.
Betty

Post by Betty »

Yes, the Sub Prime video is also hilarious - and sadly so true! Thanks again!
I am going to view more of this duo's work!
Betty

Return to “Political Discussion - Discusión política”