Can anyone translate this email?

Topics that are out of date or are no longer of interest.<br>
Temas que son anticuado o ya no tienen intéres.

Moderator: Moderators

jkozowyk

Can anyone translate this email?

Post by jkozowyk »

El 5/3/2008 12:32:05 PM, Letizia Sosa te ha pedido ser parte de su libreta de direcciones Unyk para siempre tener acceso a tus datos, y que tú siempre tengas acceso a los suyos. Para aceptar su solicitud, pulsa aquí. Unyk es un sistema inteligente y sencillo para organizar sus contactos y nunca perderlos. Ya no necesitas preocuparte por los datos de tus contactos. Ahora son ellos quienes los organizan para ti. Si ellos cambian sus datos en Unyk.com, tu libreta de direcciones se actualiza automáticamente. Si cambias tus datos en Unyk.com, su libreta de direcciones Unyk se actualiza. Es realmente sencillo, y es gratuito. Ya cuenta con 6 millones de usuarios.
Art
Site Admin

Post by Art »

Hello, JKozowyk,

One of the moderators has removed your message from the forum, probably because it was off-topic.

Essentially, the message says:

"Letizia Sosa has asked you to be part of her address book at Unyk so she can always have access to your information and so you'll always have access to her data. To accept his request, click here. Unyk is a smart and simple system by which to organize your contacts and never lose them. ...."

It continues, but you get the idea.

This could be spam. Or it could be an attempt to get access to your address book. I wouldn't sign up.
Bob

Post by Bob »

I moved the message because it was posted under the Asturian language section, was way off topic, and didn't seem appropriate for any of our forum categories.. I also got an almost identical email, allegedly from one of our other moderators. I had never heard of the site before, but I would be very wary of registering for it. It asks for information about me, but is not something I need or want.
Art
Site Admin

Post by Art »

Yep. Was that email from Susana? I've gotten a number of messages for different services saying that she wants me to join various websites. She didn't know they were going to send those emails. Pretty creepy stuff!

By the way, I appreciate your work watching for spam, Bob!
Art
Site Admin

Post by Art »

I should say that I've received similar emails from other forum members besides my friend Susana.

Unyk does appear to be a legitimate company.

This kind of email has exploded recently as a cheap marketing technique. When you sign up, some of these companies will automatically send emails to everyone in your Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail address books. Some probably don't tell you explicitly that's what they're going to do.

Some of these emails may be malicious. Others like Unyk's are just a sleazy way to increase the number of people who enroll in their website. Well, this could be generational. I don't like receiving emails like this, but I'd bet that people in their 20s don't mind at all!

I've heard back from Jason, who posted the original question. He decided to ignore the email.

Return to “Retired Threads - Hilos retirados”