Sol y Sombra o Sombra y Sol

Serving cider & wine with Asturian meals. Making cider & other beverages.<br>
Servir sidra y vino con comidas asturianas. Hacer sidra y otra bebidas.

Moderators: almudena, Moderators

Barbara Alonso Novellino

Post by Barbara Alonso Novellino »

You are right Bob...Cardinal Mendoza...that's what my husband said...but i wrongly typed...Carlos.

Good stories...

Barbara
ayalgueru

Post by ayalgueru »

Eric Smith Fernandez wrote:So it is equal parts coñac and anis combined with coffee? Or is it just Coñac and anis with nothing else?

-------------------------------

¿Es igual partes de coñac y anis combinado con café? ¿O es Coñac y anis sin nada mas?
Eric,,, coffe and brandy is called carajillo and it is very nice indeed ! particularly during winter ,,, also a popular remedy against the flu ,,, it does not really help but it surely does make you feel better ! :)

by the way discussion of sol y sombra all that reminds me of that old "chigre" where I used to stop for a sol y sombra ( 150 pesetas ) as a the first drink of the evening ,,, :D
splish-splash
the cat washes in the river...
spring rain
Isaa Kobayashi (1816)
granda

Post by granda »

The initial recipe for carajillo is coffe+brandy, but now you can ask for a carajillo of coffee+ any other spirit.

i.e. You just have to ask for a carajillo de whisky, and the bartender will know that you want coffee+ whisky.

There is another word in Asturiano (which I don't remember now..........) to say that you want some liquor in the coffee, I believe that starts with p......
ayalgueru

Post by ayalgueru »

granda the word you are looking for is pingarates :)
splish-splash
the cat washes in the river...
spring rain
Isaa Kobayashi (1816)

Return to “Drinks, Cider - Bebidas, sidra”