FAQFAQ          SearchSearch          MemberlistMemberlist          UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile          Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages          Log inLog in          
Sol y Sombra o Sombra y Sol
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Asturian-American Migration Forum Index -> Drinks, Cider - Bebidas, sidra
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Barbara Alonso Novellino

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are right Bob...Cardinal Mendoza...that's what my husband said...but i wrongly typed...Carlos.

Good stories...

Barbara
ayalgueru

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eric Smith Fernandez wrote:
So it is equal parts coñac and anis combined with coffee? Or is it just Coñac and anis with nothing else?

-------------------------------

¿Es igual partes de coñac y anis combinado con café? ¿O es Coñac y anis sin nada mas?

Eric,,, coffe and brandy is called carajillo and it is very nice indeed ! particularly during winter ,,, also a popular remedy against the flu ,,, it does not really help but it surely does make you feel better ! Smile

by the way discussion of sol y sombra all that reminds me of that old "chigre" where I used to stop for a sol y sombra ( 150 pesetas ) as a the first drink of the evening ,,, Very Happy
Isaa Kobayashi (1816)
granda

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The initial recipe for carajillo is coffe+brandy, but now you can ask for a carajillo of coffee+ any other spirit.

i.e. You just have to ask for a carajillo de whisky, and the bartender will know that you want coffee+ whisky.

There is another word in Asturiano (which I don't remember now..........) to say that you want some liquor in the coffee, I believe that starts with p......
ayalgueru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

granda the word you are looking for is pingarates Smile
Isaa Kobayashi (1816)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Asturian-American Migration Forum Index -> Drinks, Cider - Bebidas, sidra All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: