Made in Spain PBS Asturias

If you can't figure out where else to post, say it here.<br>
Si no sabes dónde poner tu tema, pongalo aquí.

Moderator: Moderators

Barbara Alonso Novellino

Made in Spain PBS Asturias

Post by Barbara Alonso Novellino »

Tonight my husband was surfing the channels and came across a program on PBS called Made in Spain. He called me to watch...I was really thrilled to watch it. It was 1/2 hour...some of you might have already seen it. The gentlemen who was the tour guide/cook's name was Jose.

He was in Asturias which he called a Natural Paradise. He was in a market and showed bread with the chorizos inside. He then showed some Monk Fish that was a specialty of this Restaurant. I am not sure what the town was...but I think it wa Tajones. As the chef was cooking the monk fish there were bagpipers walking through the streets. I think the name of the Restaurant was Rompales.

He then went to Luanco...it was wonderful seeing Luanco...that's where my Dad was born. He was eating gooseneck barnacles...which he said was delicious. He showed where to get them...Cabo de Penas where they dive into the water and find them on the walls of the caves there.

He went to a Restaurant called Casa Gerando...where he showed Faba Asturiano, Arroz con Leche and berzas.

After he went to Gijon where they had fireworks...and that ended the show. I am sure some of you who live in Spain or who visited Spain saw these places.

It was such a wonderful show...highlighting Asturias and some of thei dishes and traditions.

Barbara Alonso Novellino
Betty

Post by Betty »

Chef Jose Andres who has restaurants in Washington DC, hotel in LA, books etc. Here is the info for PBS on this series Made in Spain: http://www.pbs.org/madeinspain/

Also I found via Google more Jose Andres info and a pretty funny UTube clip with David Letterman cooking clams.

Alas, my local PBS station (WOSU) has not picked up on this series... perhaps a note with my next contribution will bring it to their attention? His DVDs are available via PBS stores too. ($39.99 /2 CDs) I believe he is actually from Barcelona. Thanks Barbara!
Betty
Xose

Post by Xose »

My family has a farm in Lluanco, too.
:D
Barbara Alonso Novellino

Post by Barbara Alonso Novellino »

Yes we do...It belonged to Jose and Dionisia Garcia...my paternal Grandparents.

:D Barbara

Return to “General Discussion - Discusión general”