Who are these people? ¿Quiénes son estas personas?

Discussion of photos in the AsturianUS.org photo album pages.<br>
Discusión de fotos en las páginas del álbum de fotos de AsturianUS.org.

Moderator: Moderators

Sweeney

Who are these people? ¿Quiénes son estas personas?

Post by Sweeney »

This photo was sent from America to my family in Spain. Unfortunately, the family no longer knows the identity of the men. I am assuming one of the men is a relative of my grandparents. Can anybody help identify these people? 8)

[The setting appears to be a boarding house in Zeising (Spelter) WV.]
Donna
Ken Menendez

Ziesing Men Identity

Post by Ken Menendez »

I was able to obtain the identity of one of the men. The man sitting with the pipe and mustache holding a bottle is my grandfather Jose Ramon Menendez. He migrated to Spelter (Ziesing) with his father-in-law, Andres Gonzalez, and wife, Carmen Gonzalez Menendez. His father-in-law worked in the Spelter zinc smelter as did my grandfather, Jose. However, Andres Gonzalez returned to Asturias to be with his wife, Josifa Vega Gonzalez. We were unable to determine in the picture if Andres Gonzalez was one of the others. I have a picture of Andres with his wife Josifa taken in the early 1900's, which we used to see if Andres was in the picture.
Louis Alvarez

Post by Louis Alvarez »

Ken Menendaz,
I am your second cousin. Your Mom was my cousin as are Ruthie Jean, Barney,Don and Junior. Andy was my Dad and he married my Mother, Mary Cueto, also from Spelter.
I spent summers helping Ruthie Jean deliver milk and groceries from my Uncle's (your Grandfather's) store.
My Grandfather, Ramon Cueto, was a foreman in the zinc works for many years. My Aunt Segunda worked in Standard Supply for a few years before moving to NJ. The Cueto family consisted of Anita, Mecco, Segunda,Marina (my Mom), Sylvia, Joe, Herman, Marguerite and Charlie.
Joe and Charlie are still alive.
Ron Gonzalez

Who Are These People

Post by Ron Gonzalez »

Louis
You also have Uncle Joe, and Aunt Mary, and cousin Tammy. They are from the Cueto side. I knew Mecco, he worked with my dad for years. Your grandfather lived across the street from my dad and mom in Spelter. All the names in your post are names I know. I can remember as a kid going to Anmoore that I would see Mecco there visiting also.

Return to “Our Photo Album - Nuestro álbum de fotos”