Pan Candeal

Recipes for loaf breads & rolls.<br>
Recetas para barras, pan de molde, y bollos.

Moderators: almudena, Moderators

Ron Gonzalez

Pan Candeal

Post by Ron Gonzalez »

Pan Candeal
Castilian round loaf

4 1/3 cups /500g bread flower
2tsp/ 10g salt
1 cake/15g compressed yeast
Olive oil for greasing baking sheet and glazing

Sift the flower onto the work surface and make a hollow in the center. Add the salt, crumbled yeast, and 1/4 cup /200 ml lukewarm water. Knead all the ingredients into a smooth dough. Cover and leave in a warn place to rise until doubled in volume. Make the dough into a round loaf, about 12 inch/ 30 cm in diameter. Carve a diamond pattern on the surface with a sharp knife. Place on a greased baking sheet and brush with olive oil. Bake in a preheated oven at 390F/ 200C for about 25 minutes until golden brown.
Last edited by Ron Gonzalez on Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Art
Site Admin

Post by Art »

Hi, Ron! Is that a bread your mom used to make? How do you use it? Do you eat it with a meal?

-----------------

¡Hola, Ron! ¿Es un pan que hacía tu madre? ¿Cómo usas? ¿Lo comes con una comida?
Ron Gonzalez

Post by Ron Gonzalez »

Art
No, my grandmother was the one who baked bread. We ate it with a meal or without a meal. We ate it anytime.
Art
Site Admin

Post by Art »

"Pan candeal" isn't a phrase I was familiar with. My dictionary says it means "white bread". Duh!

It's interesting that your recipe has both metric and English measures, Ron.

---------------------

No sabía la frase "pan candeal". Mi dictionario dice que significa "pan blanco" [white bread]. ¡Duh! [Qué bobo]

Ron, es interesante que tu receta usa tanto medidas metricas como inglésas.

Return to “Breads - Panes”