Hombre de Estado--Que Significa?

If you can't figure out where else to post, say it here.<br>
Si no sabes dónde poner tu tema, pongalo aquí.

Moderator: Moderators

Itinerantscribe

Hombre de Estado--Que Significa?

Post by Itinerantscribe »

Quisiera saber si alguien se a encontrado a alguna partida de bautismo donde se refiera al padre (desconocido) de un niño como hombre de estado? No se que significa. Gracias.

Saludos,
Maria Krane (Florida)
is

Post by is »

Sounds to me as if the illegitimate child may be legally taken care of by state authorities if it is not recognized by the father. Most illegitimate children, at least from my experience, were eventually recognized by their fathers. The parish priests would rub out the word bastard (as harsh as that may sound to our ears today) and replace it with the father's name. But I guess some children were never recognized (especially if the fathers were member of the clergy).

Anyway, that's just a conjecture. Luina, on the forum, will be able to tell you exactly what it means. Mail him directly.
Itinerantscribe

Hombre de Estado

Post by Itinerantscribe »

Is,
Thanks. The person I refer to in my post must have been recognized by his father
even if the name isn't on the baptism records as he had two surnames as is typical and they weren't both his mother's surnames. If I hear anything else, I'll post. Thanks.
Maria Krane (Florida)

Return to “General Discussion - Discusión general”