Trisquel bar brandy coffee

Serving cider & wine with Asturian meals. Making cider & other beverages.<br>
Servir sidra y vino con comidas asturianas. Hacer sidra y otra bebidas.

Moderators: almudena, Moderators

Gregor. Scotland.

Trisquel bar brandy coffee

Post by Gregor. Scotland. »

Greetings from Argyll. I used to drink a brandy coffee pronounced carajios, excuse the spelling. Can anybody tell me what the correct spelling of that word is. I drank them in the trisquel bar in Gijon in 1987. Anybody shared that experience? Slainte Gregor
Indalecio Fernandez

Re: Trisquel bar brandy coffee

Post by Indalecio Fernandez »

Gregor. Scotland. wrote:Greetings from Argyll. I used to drink a brandy coffee pronounced carajios, excuse the spelling. Can anybody tell me what the correct spelling of that word is. I drank them in the trisquel bar in Gijon in 1987. Anybody shared that experience? Slainte Gregor
Desde Asturias. El "CARAJILLO" es una bebida general de toda España, pero se bebe mas en el norte del pais, por el clima mas frío. Se hace de la siguiente manera: Se vierte un poco de brandy en un recipiente que se pueda calertar, se calienta hasta que, con una cerilla o un mechero se le prende fuego, junto con el azucar que se quiera, haste que se apague solo o según quiera cada uno que quede mas alcohol o menos. Se vierte un cafe en el recipiente y se toma con cuidado de no quemarse. Hay mas variedades con diferentes nombres, con wiskey, con ron o con nata.
Saludos.
----------------------------------------------------
Trans. Ana

From Asturias. CARAJILLO is a beverage common all over Spain, but it is more consumed in the North of the country, where the weather is colder. This is the recipe: pour a bit of brandy in a saucepan. Heat and light with a match or a lighter. Add sugar (at taste), and wait 'til it burns out (you can burn it out yourself if you want less alcohol evaporated). Add the coffee. Drink carefully not to get burnt. There more varieties with different names, with whiskey, rhum or cream.

Best regards.
Gregor. Scotland.

Greetings Indalecio. Thanks for the reply but my Spanish is very bad. I can only pick up a word here and there. Can you re write your reply in English?? Sorry. I appreciate your time. Thanks. Gregor
Anuska

Post by Anuska »

Hi Gregor,

I've made a little translation for Indalecio's reply. Hope it helps.

Best regards,

Ana
Bob

Post by Bob »

I would add that it is very important to stand away from the pan while flaming the hot brandy. I use brandy in cooking quite often, and the flames can easily jump up 12 to 25 cm. If you have your face over the pan, cejas quemadas or worse.
Gregor. Scotland.

Thank you all. Lots of help. Gregor

Return to “Drinks, Cider - Bebidas, sidra”