Daughter of Gavin González dies

Write about your favorite Asturian<br>
Escriba de un asturiano favorito

Moderator: Moderators

Bob

Daughter of Gavin González dies

Post by Bob »

Mary Fran Jul is the daughter of Gavin González, the author of Pinnick Kinnick Hill. Her obituary is posted below.

Visitation: Wednesday, November 26th, 4 PM – 7 PM
Services: Friday, November 28th, 10:30 AM
McDonald Funeral Home in Rock Falls Online Obituary:
http://www.funeralquestions.com/obits/m ... _id=120302

Sterling – Mary Fran Jul, 73 of Sterling, IL died Sunday Night Nov 23rd at her home at 2705 Ave E, Sterling, IL.

Mary Fran was born on Dec. 5th, 1934 in East St. Louis , IL . She married John Jul on June 4th, 1955 . John preceded her in death on December 8, 2002 . Mary Fran and John owned and operated the Rainbow Inn ( Dixon , IL ), Chateau on the Rocks ( Sterling , IL ), and most recently Jul’s Danish Farm Motel ( Rock Falls , IL ). She also enjoyed her design work and started MF Designs and ran a small boutique. She will be missed for her beautiful smile and her love of life. She was happiest when surrounded by her loving family and many fun friends.

Surviving are her three children, John (Michele) Jul II of Poway , CA , Margo (David) Dravis of Sterling, IL, and Jeff (Kim) Jul, of Campbell , CA , Brother Tom (Kay) Gonzalez of Edwardsville, IL, Three grandchildren, Christopher (Stacey) Dravis ( Sterling , IL ) Morgan Jul, and Mallory Jul ( Poway , CA ). One great granddaughter, Elly Lou Dravis ( Sterling , IL ), and her very special gentleman friend Brad Nusbaum.

She was preceded in death by her parents, Gavin and Francis Gonzalez ( East St. Louis , IL ) and her brother Bill Gonzalez ( Hillsboro , IL ).

Visitation will be Wednesday Nov 26th, 2008 at 4pm -7 pm at the McDonald Funeral Home in Rock Falls . Funeral services will be held Friday, Nov 28th at 10:30 am at the McDonald’s Funeral Home. To send online condolences visit www.mcdonaldfuneralhomes.com.

The family is forever grateful to the staff of Good Neighbor Care, Sterling , Illinois and Rock River Valley Hospice for their loving care and support.

In lieu of flowers, memorials in Mary Fran’s name may be sent to Rock River Valley Hospice.
Eric Smith Fernandez

Post by Eric Smith Fernandez »

I didn't realize there were still relatives here in Illinois of Gavin Gonzalez. I go to school in Edwardsville, IL. It is about 15 minutes from East St. Louis/Fairmont City, IL. It is sad to here about this woman's death. Fortunately, Her families stories will live on through her dad's book.
Soy un estudiante. Quiero estar seguro de que estoy escribiendo bien Si alguien se da cuenta de los errores gramaticales míos en los mensajes ¿Me puede avisar?
jjul

Post by jjul »

Hi Eric,

I am Mary Fran Jul's son - John. She was a great lady and was there when the book was published/launched. My grandfather (Gavin) still have a son that is residing in Edwardsville - Tom.

Thank you for your comments and hope you have a wonderful holiday.

Best wishes,

John Jul
Art
Site Admin

Post by Art »

Welcome, John! I'm sorry to hear of your mom's death. I remember meeting her at the book signing and I think she gave a talk, didn't she? There's probably a photo in the photo album.

I hope you'll join in the dialogue here.

-----------------------------

¡Bienvenido, John! Cuanto lo siento oír de la muerte de tu madre. Recuerdo que nos encontremos en la reunión en que se firmó el libro y hizo una presentación, ¿no? Probablemente tenemos una foto de ella en el álbum de fotos.

Espero que te unirás en el diálogo aquí.
jjul

Post by jjul »

Merry Christmas Art - Thank you for your response and condolences. Yes, my Mom gave a talk at the book signing. I did see the pictures as well.

Take care,

John

Return to “Asturian Hall of Fame - Sala de fama asturiana”