Menendez Family

Researching our ancestors in Asturias & America.<br>
Investigando nuestros antepasados en Asturias y America

Moderators: svgev, Maria Garcia Alvarez, Moderators

bridgettemenendez

Menendez Family

Post by bridgettemenendez »

I'm Bridgette Menendez, I married Kevin Menendez. We're both 20 and live in Brookhaven Mississippi. I'm trying to research his side of the family . His Dad Terry Menendez and Mom Karen Thompson moved from St. Louis about 10 years ago with Kevin, and His older sisters Shannon and Terri. Mr. Terry's parents were Louis and Alberta Menendez. Kevin doesn't know a lot about his family, but that they came from Spain. Any info would be great thanks
Bridgette :lol:
Bob

Post by Bob »

Usually, the best way to start searching is to begin with what you know and with the papers and memories of living relatives. Do you know the names of the ancestors from Spain and the approximnate dates that they emigrated to the US? There was s significant Asturian community near St. Louis, and some of their descendants still live in the area today, but you will need more information to track down your ancestry. Have you checked local parish records for births, baptisms, etc., in the St. Louis/East St. Louis/Collinsville area.

Bob Martinez
bridgettemenendez

Thanks for the advice. I really don't know anymore information. I'll have to contact my father in law.
Bridgette
Sweeney

census

Post by Sweeney »

Bridgette:

The latest US Census to be released was the 1930 census. If you can tell me the names of your ancestors that were living in the US in the 1930s I can possibly help you. You can send me a private message or email if you wish to keep that information private. 8)

Donna
Donna
mdhsuarez

Post by mdhsuarez »

I am a Menendez from the St. Louis SPanish community (which includes the Illinois communities of Fairmont City and East st. Louis). Most, but not all, of us are related. My dad had numerous cousins named Louis but my records don't show any married to an Alberta, but that part of our records are incomplete. Please e-mail me or post your Dad's birthday and his dad's name and any info you have about him. Also, my dad is Henry "Pesty" Menendez age 81, that may ring a bell for your father although he is probably quite a bit younger.
Marleen Menendez Suarez
bridgettemenendez

Menendez Family

Well, actually I married a Menendez. I'm not sure what my father-in-laws birthday is, his name is Terry Menendez. His father was Louis Menendez. His family moved from Spain, and Louis was the first of his many brothers and sisters to be born in the United States, in St. Louis. He married Alberta Menendez. I'll have to ask my father-in-law when he gets back from work, because my husband doesn't know.

Return to “Genealogy - Genealogía”