FAQFAQ          SearchSearch          MemberlistMemberlist          UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile          Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages          Log inLog in          
2009 Chorizo Bowl.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Asturian-American Migration Forum Index -> Events - Acontecimientos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eric Smith Fernandez

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:55 am    Post subject: 2009 Chorizo Bowl. Reply with quote

The 2009 Chorizo Bowl is here. This year the match will be played on the Missouri side (St. Louis). The game starts at 1PM and I'm not sure what field they will play on.

I do know they will be eating Chorizos afterwards at the Spanish Club. I hope I will get a chance to play, even though I'm a new-comer. This is my second year attending. I do know the club made 100 lbs of Chorizo. I wish the Illinois side (Fairmont City) the best of luck.

Many people think the Rose bowl is the most important fútbol game played on New Year's day, but to someone who has some asturian blood in his veins, the Chorizo is the most sacred of the bowl games!

Here is a link to a related news article about this traditional game:

http://www.urbanstl.com/viewtopic.php?t=1760

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Spanish club (St. Louis) won 1-0 against Illinois (Fairmont City). Boy was the Chorizo good!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Asturian-American Migration Forum Index -> Events - Acontecimientos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: