Kathy Garcia Spicer de "los pesetos" de Donora

Tell us your story!<br>
¡Dinos tu historia!

Moderator: Moderators

Kathy Garcia Spicer

Kathy Garcia Spicer de "los pesetos" de Donora

Post by Kathy Garcia Spicer »

The bonds to Asturias have always been strong in our family. I was born in Donora shortly after my parents immigrated. We visited family in Vegarozadas (near Piedras Blancas) and Aviles when I was growing up. My sister, Mary and her husband, Alejandro, live in Oviedo. My mother, Josefina (Pepa) still lives in Donora and divides her time between Spain and the States. My father, Alfonso, passed away 10 years ago.

I remember a lot of the names mentioned in the Forum from Donora. I had 2 aunts (Nena Alonso and Ramona Presa) and one uncle "Cab" Alvarez that had lived in the area. My father also had an uncle "Patas" who had lived there too.

I love Asturias and we try to visit every year or so.

----
Trans. Is

Na mio familia los llazos pa con Asturies siempre fueron fuertes dafechu. Yo naci en Donora tres emigrar los mios pas. De rapacina tuvieramos en Vegarrozadas (ceo de Piedras Blancas) y Aviles. La mio hermana, Mary, y el so home, Alejandro, viven n'Uvieu. La mio ma, Josefina (Pepa) inda vive en Donora y pasa parte del anu n'Espana y la otra n'America. Mio pa, Alfonso, morrio hai 10 anos.

Alcuerdome de munchos de los nomes de la xente nel foru de Donora. Tuve 2 ties (Nena Alonso y Ramona Presa) y un tiu 'Cab' [taxi] Alvarez que vivien per ahi. Mio pa tamien tenia un tiu, 'Patas', en Donora.

A min encantame Asturies y gustanos dir p'alli tolos anos.
Kathy Garcia Spicer, originally from Donora, familia "los pesetos"
jbarbo

Memories of Donora

Post by jbarbo »

Kathy,

Your family and the Ibanez's were wonderful friends among the many asturianos living in Donora during the 'golden years'. Your father, Alfonso, helped many when it came to plumbing and other handy work around the house. Your mom, Pepa, is a beautiful example of the asturiana women.

Your cousin, Angel Naves, helped me get my career started in Lake Tahoe. And I thank him and Freddy Fernandez for taking care of another son of Asturias. I spent time in Tahoe with Manolo, Estrella and family. Boy could Estrella cook!!!!

Please say hello to all your family, especially to Mary, Alejandro and family. I have some very good friends living in Oviedo who would love to meet them. Please give your mom a big hug from me and my family.

Jimmy Garcia Barbao from 12th St.
Sonia Garcia Mandzok

Kathy Garcia Spicer

Post by Sonia Garcia Mandzok »

Kathy,

I am your cousin Sonia from Donora. Do you remember me or my sister Diane? I left Donora in 1962, so it's been 47 years since I last saw you. I saw your sister Marisa in Aviles about two years ago. I hope all is well with your mom and family. Your dad never missed a day visiting my dad, if only for five minutes and that meant a lot to him. Give my regards to your Mother and all the family.

Return to “Introduction of Members - Presentación de miembros”