wi-fi & hotspots en asturias?

People, history, places, resources, & more.<br>
El pueblo, historia, lugares, recursos, & más.

Moderators: mariamatoyos, Moderators

tierradenadie

wi-fi & hotspots en asturias?

Post by tierradenadie »

~ ~~~ ~ ~ ~ ~

hola a todos, ¿hay *hotspots* en las ciudades mayores en asturias? { muchas veces cuando tomo el netbook por manhattan puedo navegar la red desde la calle, o en un café, o hasta sentado en un parque ~@~ pues cuando hago este pregunta me+-parece que me preparo para the culture-shock que voy a ente(r)ar muy pronto cuando me mude a asturias }. www-junky peter

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wi-Fi

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hotspot_(Wi-Fi)

,, ,. , , . , ., , , , . .
Ramón

Post by Ramón »

Hola Tierradenadie, en el paseo de la ría de Avilés y en la zona de la playa de poniente de Gijón creo que hay
Art
Site Admin

Post by Art »

Ramón tiene razón. En Avilés se puede conectar en muchas partes del casco viejo con el REDWIFIAVILES. Me encanto sentarme cerca de Ayuntamiento, o al lado de la Iglesia de San Nicolás de Bari en el Calle de San Francisco, o en el Parque del Muelle. También hay un Wifi en el Café-Pub Ábaco (¿ qutá en Rui Peréz ? cerca del la Plaza de Merced). Si llueve necesitas algo con techo.

--------------------------------

Ramón is right. In Avilés you can connect to the internet in much of the old section of town with the REDWIFIAVILES. I love to sit near City Hall, or next to the Church of San Nicolás de Bari on Calle de San Francisco, or at the waterfront Parque del Muelle. There is also Wifi in the Café-Pub Ábaco (perhaps on Rui Peréz? near Plaza de Merced). If it rains you'll need something with a roof.
is

Post by is »

Peter--it might make sense to buy yourself a Wi-Fi digital detector. They have small screens that tell you what the signal strength is like and whether it's an open network. Art used one a couple of years ago to sniff out places from where to send mails.

Rain is a problem if you're using a public network, so if you're in the cities I'd recommend going to cafes like Dindurra in Xixon with a strong signal. The password is posted on the walls. The only problem is that AC plugs are located only in the smokers' section on the second floor. The price (2 euros for coffee) is also quite steep.

For cheaper Internet access, I would spot the locutorios that cater to the immigrant population in Xixon, Uvieu or Aviles. Aside from telephone wells, they also have back rooms with cheap internet access (.60 cents for half an hour). These places usually show flags of countries like Colombia or Ecuador on the display window.
Art
Site Admin

Post by Art »

Yeah, on a few days rain was definitely a problem for me. Several times I was able to check my email while riding in an Alsa bus past the Casco Viejo of Avilés's REDWIFIAVILES. That was cool.

Yes, I did use a WiFi detector. The problem is that many more networks are identified as open than really are. So you'll waste time trying to connect to networks that aren't really available, but it does help to find out whether it was worth opening the notebook to test the connection. And it will let you know if the location you're in has a strong or weak signal so you can better position yourself before opening your computer.

Paul's right again about the internet cafes. Mine was minus the cafe! I used a locutorio when I was in Avilés. Once the shop didn't have internet access. Several times it wasn't open when it was supposed to be and toward the end of my last visit it went out of business altogether, so I didn't get the full 10 hours of service I paid for. These aren't the most reliable of businesses, but I'll use them again on my next visit.

I noticed while walking that there is a Centro Asturiano in Avilés that advertises free internet for members.

Return to “About Asturias - Sobre Asturies”