Asturias , el turismo y el comercio

What is needed for Asturias to prosper?<br>
¿Qué se precisa para que Asturias prosperará?

Moderator: Moderators

MariaA

Post by MariaA »

No sabía que Corín Tellado era asturiana! Yo nací en Cuba pero crecí en PR donde se vendía Vanidades. Y mi abuela (asturiana) la compraba religiosamente. Yo no se suponía que leyera Corín tellado pero me acuerdo que desde como los 9-10 años me escondía para leerla.
Raquel M

Igual fue conmigo!

Post by Raquel M »

Asi hacia yo desde chiquita, la leia escondida !
Raquel M

Comenzando el 2010

Post by Raquel M »

Felicidades para todos, pero tengo que comenzar por contar lo que me
sucedio ayer Diciembre 31.
Ayer decidi irme de tiendas a Kendall que es un reparto, barriada o zona
no muy lejos de mi casa. Antes de regresar a mi casa recorde que tenia
que comprar sidra para el brindis de fin del 2009...entonces pare en un
grocery o tienda que vende alimentos llamado Publix. Busque en la tienda
por todas partes, en los vinos, en los estantes de " comidas etnicas" en
la parte de los refrescos, en fin no aparecio la cidra por ninguna parte.
Yo sabia que estaba en una parte de Kendall donde viven muchos suramericanos y quizas las costumbres no fueran las mismas de los Cubanos, pero de todos modos me sentia molesta y decidida a dar mis
quejas al Administrador del lugar si no tenian la sidra! entonces,
pregunte a una empleada y me mostro un estante a la entrada de la
tienda donde ahora tienen de moda poner lo que mas se vende para la
ocasion o epoca que se celebra y alli abajo abajo encontre un letrerito
donde decia Sidra y si se compraban dos botellas tenian un precio especial
el estante de la sidra estaba vacio, pero yo me tire en el piso y busque
al final del estante y consegui 5 botellas que estaban al fondo atras del
estante....le pregunte al empleado y me dijo que no tenian mas en existencia...

Ahora me quieren decir que la " Sidra famosa en el mundo entero " se
vende aqui en el Sur de la Florida, sin anunciarse...que se agota....
como los comerciantes Asturianos no importan sus productos y se anuncian??? lo que no se anuncia no se vende...pero aqui hay mercado
para las cosas de Asturias!!!

Alguien me quiere decir porque no hacen promocion sobre las fiestas o
celebraciones Asturianas en el Sur de la Florida???

Aqui existen canales de television en Espanol y en Ingles que son los mas
populares que tienen un horario habitual en toda casa aqui en el Sur de
la Florida...porque no anuncian las cosas? es que no quieren ampliar
sus seguidores? puesto que audiencia interesada en re-encontrarse con
sus raices existe, pero porque no utilizan eso para el desarrollo de Asturias? No comprendo como teniendo esos paisajes y lugares tan
maravillosamente bellos no le hacen promocion al turismo.

Realmente si tienen interes en el desarrollo del turismo y el comercio de
Asturias en los Estados Unidos alguien tiene que despertar del letargo
en que se encuentra y comenzar a desarrollar ideas e implantar planes
necesarios para el futuro de Asturias.
is

Post by is »

What you describe in South Florida is not surprising. But if you were to take the problem to La Villa/Villaviciosa, where the makers of sparkling cider are located, they would tell you it's up to their distributors, not them.

I had a friend from college based in Boston who wanted to import Asturian cider in bulk for the Northeast (not the sparkling kind, but the hard cider that most Asturians drink). He asked me to go to the factory of Sidra El Gaiteru in La Villa to speak to them and so I did.

But they didn't take me seriously at reception and just gave me the addresses of distributors in Miami and New York. My friend in Boston ended up losing interest and it's too bad because he was well connected in Boston's breweries and taverns.

I think you have to factor in a lack of entrepreneurial spirit in Asturias. Even if they produce high quality goods, it does not guarantee sales without smart marketing. That takes time and insightful thinking.

The city of Xixon/Gijon was advertising itself in English (!) in Paris in 2009. The Asturian tourism board uses images of the Universidad Laboral to pitch Asturias--something that interests no one abroad. You may say 'when will they learn?' The likely answer is 'never'.
Bob

Post by Bob »

All I can usually find here in New England is the nonalcoholic El Gaiteru, imported by Don Harris of La Tienda in Virginia. I've been aware that the Florida groups have other connections, however, and got some wonderful sidra at the conference in Orlando and Tampa.
cando91

Sidra El Gaitero

Post by cando91 »

I was able to purchase several bottles of Sidra El Gaitero at a local meat market here in Tampa. I happen to work at Publix and have never seen it in our stores. I noticed on the label that it is imported by R. M. Distributors, Inc. of Miami, Fl. 33144. (305) 261-4895. It is 5% alcohol and is artificially carbonated. Unfortunately, never having been to Spain (maybe this year), I've never had any other kind.
Raquel M

OK, Ok,

Post by Raquel M »

Ok, can somebody explain to me how do you want Asturias to prosper
if they do not have a public relation company taking care of their needs,
if you do not advertise you can not sell, if you do not advertise the tourists
will never go....
I have heard stories of my friends....the other day we went to a dinner and
a friend said they just returned from their trip to Europe...I saw my friend's wife moving her head...later I asked her where they went and
she said they went to Asturias, they stayed in a farm with a little bathroom
outside the house...so that is the idea when you say Asturias here....
the solution is to advertise the things Asturias has to offer, to say
" OK, Asturias is also this....."
Yes, the sidra I bought was El Gaitero, the one my family always bought
when I was a child in Cuba and I continue the tradition, sidra, turrones, etc.
I just gave an example of the things that are from Asturias and the people
buy it without any advertisement....
Asturias can not take a seat and wait for the " mana" from heaven,
my mom always said to me : " The Lord said help yourself and I will
help you ".
Note. I am sorry I just corrected the sidra's name, it is El Gaitero.

Ok, alguien me pudiera explicar como ustedes quieren que Asturias prospere si no tienen una compania de relaciones publicas ocupandose de
sus necesidades, el que no se anuncia, no vende, si usted no se anuncia
los turistas nunca iran.
Yo he oido historias de mis amigos...el otro dia fuimos a una cena y un
amigo dijo que acababa de regresar de su viaje a Europa....yo vi a la esposa de mi amigo moviendo la cabeza...despues yo le pregunte a ella
que a donde habian ido y ella me dijo que habian estado en Asturias,
en una casita en el monte con el toilet ( ba#o) chiquitico afuera de la casa...entonces esa es la idea cuando se dice Asturias aqui...la solucion es anunciar las cosas que Asturias tiene para ofrecer...decir " Asturias
es esto tambien ..... "
Si, la sidra que compre es El Gaitero, la misma que mi familia siempre
compraba desde que yo era una nina en Cuba y yo continuo las tradiciones
sidra, turrones, etc.
Yo solamente he querido dar una muestra de las cosas que la gente compra sin tener ningun tipo de anuncio......
Asturias no puede sentarse a esperar que caiga el " mana" del cielo,
mi mama siempre decia " Dios dijo ayudate que YO te ayudare"

Nota. Disculpenme, ya rectifique el nombre de la sidra, es El Gaitero.
Last edited by Raquel M on Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Raquel M

Increible !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!pero cierto !!!!! WOW!!

Post by Raquel M »

Is wrote: The city of Xixon/Gijon was advertising itself in English (!) in Paris in 2009. The Asturian tourism board uses images of the Universidad Laboral to pitch Asturias--something that interests no one abroad. You may say 'when will they learn?' The likely answer is 'never'
When you go to France you must be very careful you CAN NOT
speak English because you get in trouble....my daughter went to Paris
last year and she spoke with her friends all the time in French, Spanish,
German....then one night they went to a restaurant and they started
talking and they forgot and they started speaking English.....the waitress
started to say bad things about the USA and the President, and my
daughter and her friends left the restaurant immediatly, they left France
that same night and went to Spain.

If the city of Gijon was advertising in English in France....is the City of
Gijon asking for a refund from the advertising company...or are they
taking them to court???

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Is wrote:The city of Xixon/Gijon was advertising itself in English (!) in Paris in 2009. The Asturian tourism board uses images of the Universidad Laboral to pitch Asturias--something that interests no one abroad. You may say 'when will they learn?' The likely answer is 'never'

[trans. Raquel} La ciudad de Xixon/Gijon estaba anunciandose en Ingles (!) en Paris en el 2009.
El concejo del turismo de Asturias utiliza imagenes de la Universidad Laboral para promover Asturias...algo que no interesa a nadie de afuera de aqui. Usted puede decir " cuando aprenderan?" La respuesta adecuada es " jamas"
Cuando se viaja a Francia se tiene que tener mucho cuidado, NO se puede
hablar en Ingles porque se pueden tener problemas....my hija fue a Paris
el a#o pasado y ella hablaba con sus amigas en Frances, Espanol y Aleman...una noche fueron a un restaurante y comenzaron a conversar y se olvidaron y comenzaron a hablar en Ingles....el camarero comenzo a
decir cosas malas en contra de los USA y del Presidente,mi hija y sus
amigas se fueron del restaurante inmediatamente,ellos se fueron de Francia esa misma noche y se fueron para Espana.

Si la ciudad de Gijon estaba anunciandose en Francia en Ingles....esta la
Ciudad de Gijon pidiendo una devolucion monetaria de la compania que
hizo el anuncio....o los esta llevando al Juzgado ???
Art
Site Admin

Post by Art »

I'd bet that this ad campaign arose out of a deal between cronies. You don't take your friends to court!

All reports I've heard indicate that Asturias is not a good place to do business and the problem is complex: political, cultural, and economic. It's a real pity given all the strengths Asturias has.

--------------------

Apostaría que la agencia de publicidad surgió de un acuerdo entre compinches. ¡No se leva a amigos a juicio!

Todos los informes que he escuchado indican que Asturias no es un buen lugar para hacer negocios y el problema es complejo: político, cultural, y económico. Es una verdadera lástima dado todas las ventajas que tiene Asturias.
Raquel M

What???? Que????

Post by Raquel M »

omG !!!! That is something terrible!!!

Ay Dios mio, que horror!!!
Art
Site Admin

Post by Art »

Well, we don't know this to be absolutely true.
---------------------
Pues, no sabemos que es absolutamente cierto.
Raquel M

Well......Bueno....

Post by Raquel M »

Well....if it smell like cheese....and it looks like cheese....

Bueno...si huele a queso....y luce como el queso....
Berodia

Post by Berodia »

La oligarquía económica y política está muy contenta teniendo a Asturias como la tienen. Poco se parece al "paraíso natural", y cuando acaben con sus proyectos, embalses, regasificadoras, superpuertos, centrales térmicas, incineradoras de basura, esto se convertirá en el basurero de España. Mucho dinero para unos pocos y una región devastada. Como dijo un famoso político español, "no la reconocerá ni la madre que la parió".

Tienen muy poco interés en promocionar Asturias fuera de aquí. La propaganda que alienta Álvarez Areces trata de hacer creer a los asturianos que sí se promociona la región fuera, por eso el esfuerzo publicitario, invitando, por ejemplo, a visitar Asturias, se hace sobretodo aquí. Y la iniciativa empresarial es prácticamente nula, si no hay la oportuna subvención del por medio.

Los asturianos están dormidos, y todo lo que nos pasa es merecido. Unos por ser unos vientres agradecidos, los otros por comodidad, y los de más allá por cobardía, la mano del estado puede ser muy larga. El caso es que esta tierra se está muriendo, y el poder ha conseguido destruir en estos últimos años tanto como en los siglos anteriores.

Y en cuanto a lo de Francia, esa es la consecuencia de fomentar absurdos boicots porque ese país no quiso ir de la mano asesina de Bush (por lo menos de cara a su opinión pública).

----
Trans. Is

The economic and political oligarchy is quite happy keeping Asturias the way it is. It has very little to do with the slogan advertising a Natural Paradise. When they are done with their plans for dams, liquid-to-gas facilities, mega-seaports, coal-fired electricity plants, garbage incinerators--Asturias will be Spain's dumping ground. It adds up to a handful of money for very few in a devastated region. Like a famous Spanish politician once said, 'not even her mother will recognize her'.

The oligarchy is not interested in promoting Asturias abroad. The propaganda of Alvarez Areces [Asturian president] makes Asturians think that he is promoting Asturias across borders. That explains the advertising binges, sometimes inviting personalities to visit Asturias. There is 0 entrepreneurial spirit here without the token subsidy or government handout attached to it.

Asturians are asleep and everything that is happening to us, we deserve. For some, it has to do with a sense of gratitude toward their patrons, for others it's simply easy to remain passive. As for the rest, it is probably cowardice. The influence of the state and its power mechanisms cannot be denied. The end result, however, is that this land is in its death throes. In the last few years, the established power has managed to destroy more things than in past centuries.

As for [your daughter's] French incident, it is probably the result of fanning absurd boycotts because France refused to tag along with the Bush administration's murderous campaign, at least vis-a-vis the country's public opinion.
Last edited by Berodia on Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Raquel M

Post by Raquel M »

Los Consules Espanoles en Miami siempre han sido muy amables y
y siempre han estado promocionando Espana, pintores, lugares, artesanias
productos, vinos en fin siempre estan presentando Espanoles a la comunidad de aqui....lo que jamas se presenta nada de Asturias....y
hay que tener en cuenta que la mayoria de los Cubanos somos descendientes de Asturianos......

El gobierno Federal ( el de Washington D.C. ) tiene su Departamento de
Comercio que promueve los productos de los Estados Unidos en el mundo,
el Estado de la Florida tiene su Departamento de Comercio que promueve
los productos de la Florida...la Ciudad de Miami o de Hialeah por dar un
ejemplo tiene tambien sus promociones de sus cosas en todo el mundo
al igual que el Condado de Miami Dade tambien hace sus promociones
a nivel mundial.... entonces aqui se vive principalmente del Turismo, tambien de la Agricultura y otras industrias...nos dicen La Puerta de las
Americas....ahora trabajo ha costado!
Berodia

Post by Berodia »

Asturias no tiene absolutamente ningún peso en España. Además, la "cultura" española esta representada, y es conocida, por las "andaluzadas" típicas, y tópicas, ya desde tiempos de la dictadura. La diversidad de pueblos y de culturas, o como se llame, tienen poca cabida en la imagen de la España uniforme, e imperial, osaría decir, que se quiere vender.

Y de la administración asturiana poco se puede esperar, cuando evitan en lo posible tener vías de comunicaciones modernas con el resto del mundo. Para preservar el monopolio de Alsa (empresa de autocares) y, como dijo no sé que política de aquí, para evitar que los asturianos se marchen... o se exilien, que es palabra más propia de la situación que se vive aquí.

----
Trans. Is

Asturias has absolutely no political leverage in Spain. You also have to keep in mind that Spanish culture is represented and is known abroad with the typical Andalusian folklore, which goes back to official policies during Franco's dictatorship. Whatever formula you use to describe the diversity of nations and cultures in Spain, they are rarely exposed abroad due to the interest in projecting the country as a uniform, quasi-imperial entity.

As to the Asturian regional government, there is precious little to expect. Especially given that they do their most to avoid putting in place the kind of modern transportation infrastructure that exists in the rest of the world. To allow companies like ALSA [bus company] to survive, that is the price we pay. I can't remember what woman politician here once said, this helps keep Asturians from leaving. Keeping them from seeking asylum would have been more appropraite.

Return to “The Future of Asturias - El futuro de Asturias”