FAQFAQ          SearchSearch          MemberlistMemberlist          UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile          Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages          Log inLog in          
Luis Arduengo, NYC & Pen (Cangas de Onís)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Asturian-American Migration Forum Index -> Introduction of Members - Presentación de miembros
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PenAsturias

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:38 pm    Post subject: Luis Arduengo, NYC & Pen (Cangas de Onís) Reply with quote

Hi just wanted to introduce myself. My name is luis Arduengo and I was born in NYC. My father was born in a small town about 10 miles from Cangas de onis. i've been to asturias 4 times. The most recent being 2 weeks ago. I love it there!!!!. I hope to meet some nice people here as well as to try to get some info on my last name which originated in cangas de onis.
Terechu

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Luis and welcome to the forum! I was in Cangas two weeks ago myself, we might well have crossed paths.
As to your surname, according to the Instituto Nacional de Estadística, 77% of all Arduengos are indeed from Asturias. Check out their web site:

http://www.ine.es/fapel/FAPEL.INICIO
arduguti

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Hi just wanted to introduce myself. Reply with quote

Hola aunque practicamente no sé inglés .

Supongo buscas información sobre el apellido Arduengo .Ese es mi apellido y tengo bastantes datos sobre el mismo .

A tu disposición para lo que busques
PenAsturias

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hola, no escribo el espanol muy bien. Me gustaria buscar informacion sobre mi nombre arduengo. Mi padre,abuello y bis abuello se lamavan Vivente Arduengo. Nacieron en un pueblo pequeno que se llama Pen. son como 20 minutos de cangas de onis. qualciera informacion que me puedes dar sera muy bueno. gracias
is

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi Luis,

First off, a belated welcome to Asturianus. I haven't had much time to dedicate to the website lately, but your mail caught my eye. My parents have a friend who's bought a farmhouse up in Pen and my father likes to go out there. He raves about some cheesemaker in Pen itself or in a nearby village. Anyway, if you've been there recently, the owner of the farmhouse is a former priest who worked in Brazil many years. He's now back in Asturias and living in Xixon (Gijon), but spends time up there in the mountains.

I think I've asked my father about the name Pen, as it sounds like an ancient Pre-Roman place name. I can't recall what he said about that, but now that I've seen your introduction I'll ask again. Arduengo is interesting too as names go and as Arduguti will tell you, quite uncommon.
PenAsturias

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey nice to meet you. If you get me the cheese makers name or your fathers name I'll find out if my dad knows them. The 2 neighboring towns to Pen are Villa Verde and Cireno(sp).
is

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PenAsturias wrote:
If you get me the cheese makers name or your fathers name I'll find out if my dad knows them. The 2 neighboring towns to Pen are Villa Verde and Cireno(sp).

The name of the priest (a former Jesuit) who bought the farmhouse or cabin up in Pen is Juan, but I don't know his last name. The cheese my parents usually bring back from Pen is definitely a Beyos, a dense, creamy cheese from East Asturias.

What a contrast to go from Pen back to New York City. I'm experiencing similar metropolitan shock here in Paris after getting back from a tiny hamlet in West Asturias this past weekend. Life in the country (mountains) is so invigorating...
PenAsturias

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW I just stumbled across this forum again. Anyway I will be heading back to Asturias in September. I can post pics when I return if anyone is intrested.
Art
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course, we'd love to see your photos!

Where to post them depends on whether you'd like us to discuss them. If you want the members to comment on the photos, then it's best to create a new thread here on the forum. If you just want to share your photos, you might want to post them on our Facebook page:
http://www.facebook.com/groups/165343268588/

--------------------

Por supuesto, nos encantaría ver las fotos!

Dónde publicarlos depende de si deseas que las discutamos. Si deseas que los miembros comenten las fotos, entonces la mejor opción sería crear un nuevo tema aquí en el foro. Si lo que deseas es solamente compartir las fotos, tal vez desees publicarlas en nuestra página de Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/groups/165343268588/
Fonzu

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi to all,
My tiny town is (Talaveru, Onis) also 15 min from Cangas de Onis, heading Cabrales and LLanes.
Welcome to Pen and hola to Is.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Asturian-American Migration Forum Index -> Introduction of Members - Presentación de miembros All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: