Discu de Sambre

Group &amp; solo; voice, bagpipe, guitar, drum, etc.<br>
Banda y solo; voz, gaita, guitarra, tambor, etc.

Moderators: mariamatoyos, Chris, Moderators

argayu

Discu de Sambre

Post by argayu »

Esta selmana salió a la cai, el primer discu del grupu asturianu Sambre, "Na solombra".

Pongo esto equí porque trae un cantar entituláu, "AsturianUS" n'inglés.

Esti ye'l so myspace, anque paezme que nun sal el cantar en cuestión.

http://www.myspace.com/sambreasturies

----
Trans. Is

Sambre, an Asturian band, started to sell its first CD this week [Nov. 30, 2009] and the title is 'In the shadows'.

I'm posting this here because the CD has a track titled "AsturianUS" in English.

Here is their myspace, although I don't think AsturianUS is available for live streaming.

http://www.myspace.com/sambreasturies
is

Post by is »

Que celebre, Argayu. Vei ponese contento Art agora que hai canciones col titulu d'AsturianUS. Pero igual ia meyor esperar una migaya a ver que ia lo que cantan estos rapazos sobre los asturianUS. Nun apaez el track na paxina de myspace, si los conoces has de deci-ys de l'amestar a la paxina.

----

How funny, Argayu. Art is going to be happy now that there's a song out there titled AsturianUS. But maybe we should wait a bit to see what exactly these kids are singing about us. The track isn't part of the live stream on myspace. If you know these guys personally you should ask them to add it to the page.
Art
Site Admin

Post by Art »

¡Gracias, Argayu! Me encanta que la gaita tiene un papel importante. Será interesante ver las letras. ¡Tal vez hayan hecho a Ron (quien apareció en el documental "AsturianUS") una estrella de nuevo!

---------------------

Thanks, Argayu! I like that they feature the gaita. It'll be interesting to see the lyrics. Maybe they've made Ron (who was featured in the documentary "AsturianUS") a star again!
Art
Site Admin

Post by Art »

Sambre - Band
Na Solombra - Album
Asturian U.S. - Song
2009 - Year

Sambre says they're in the Asturian rock-folk tradition.

Thanks to Pablo A. Quiroga Prendes of Algamar Producciones S.L. for permission to share this file.

The song, AsturianUS, is available here as an mp3. The file is zipped, so you'll have to download and unzip it.

This is a large file (3.81 MB). Bandwidth is expensive. Please download the album just once!

MP# of Sambre's song, "Asturian U.S."

For more details about AsturianUS.org's music downloads, please see:
http://www.asturianus.org/forum/viewtop ... 4698#14698

----------------------------------

Sambre - Grupo
Na Solombra - Álbum
Asturias EE.UU. - Canción
2009 - Año

Sambre dice que están en la rock-folk tradición asturiana.

Gracias a Pablo A. Quiroga Prendes de Algamar Producciones SL por su permiso para compartir este archivo.

La canción, Asturian U.S., está disponible aquí como un MP3. El archivo está comprimido, por lo que tendrás que descargar y descomprimir.

Este es un archivo de gran tamaño (3,81 MB). El ancho de banda es caro. Se ruega descargar el álbum solamente una vez!

MP3 de la canción de Sambre: "Asturian U.S."

Para obtener más información acerca de las descargas de música de AsturianUS.org, se ruega consultar:
http://www.asturianus.org/forum/viewtop ... 4698#14698
is

Post by is »

I like the guitar at the beginning. But then I get to the chorus and can't tell if they're saying 'Asturian Roots' or 'Asturian Roads'. It seems to be the story of Asturian brothers who go to the US and do not know what to expect. I think they may have heard of Pickinick Hill (spelling?).
Art
Site Admin

Post by Art »

Same here. I thought they might be saying "Asturian US." "US" sounds like "oose." Although, that's not the way we say it!

-----------------------

Lo mismo para mí. Pensé que tal vez digan "Asturian US". "US" suena como "oose". Aunque no es el modo en que lo decimos!
Xuanin

Post by Xuanin »

Hello people!! First of all I want to apologize for my poor english... sorry

I'm Xuan, the Sambre's bagpiper. I'm very proud of seeing you'r talking about us... We add this song to the record because we support all the people who have left their home and family here, in Asturies. I've relatives in the U.S., in Cuba, in Argentina... And when we play this song we do it with all our respect.

I'm going to paste here the lyrics of the song Asturian U.S. (we mean United States of Asturies, ḥeḥe)

If you want to listen all the record you can download here http://rapidshare.com/files/395530861/S ... a.zip.html and if you want to have it original just contact with us through our myspace (www.myspace.com/sambreasturies)

I hope that if we do an International Tour we could go to play to the other side of the Atlantic Ocean..

Thanks for all!!

Talluéu!!
Art
Site Admin

Post by Art »

Hello, Xuanín,

Thanks for posting the lyrics to the song and for joining the conversation!

It's interesting to see what aspects of the Asturian-American immigrant experience you highlighted in the lyrics.

I've noticed that many people (in Asturias and the US) think there was a zinc mine in West Virginia. I think zinc occurs in the ground in WV, but I don't know if there was ever a significant effort to mine zinc in WV. Instead, the Asturian immigrants worked in factories at Anmoore, Spelter, and Moundsville which processed raw zinc ore. Of course, there are many coal mines in WV.

If the band comes to the US, or has tour anywhere where Asturian emigres are living, be sure to post a message here on the forum so we know!

----------------------------

Hola, Xuanín,

¡Gracias por publicar las letras de la canción y por unirse a la conversación!

Es interesante ver cuales aspectos de la experiencia de los inmigrantes astur-americanas que se destacaron en las letras.

He notado que mucha gente (en Asturias y los EE.UU.) piensan que había una mina de zinc en Virginia Occidental (WV). Creo que sí, hay zinc en el suelo en WV, pero no sé si alguna vez hubo un esfuerzo significativo para minar el zinc en WV. En cambio, los inmigrantes asturianos trabajaban en fábricas en Anmoore, Spelter y Moundsville que procesaron el mineral de cinc en bruto. Por supuesto, hay muchas minas de carbón en WV.

Si viene el grupo a los EE.UU., o hace un tour en cualquier lugar donde viven emigrantes asturianos, ¡pega un mensaje aquí en el foro para decirnos!

Return to “Music - Música”