FAQFAQ          SearchSearch          MemberlistMemberlist          UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile          Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages          Log inLog in          
Hickman brothers: Alva (Fred) and Richard

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Asturian-American Migration Forum Index -> Work & Industry - Trabajo e industria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
geaniegirl2

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:08 am    Post subject: Hickman brothers: Alva (Fred) and Richard Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad My dad Alva (Fred) Hickman passed away on December 4 2008 and my Uncle Richard Hickman passed away February 2009. Miss dad so much. I wanted to bring him down to Spelter before he passed but never did. I have some pictures of him and his brother when they were little. I have some other pictures but I don't know the people. My dad is a little boy with two other kids. Maybe one day I will find out.

------------------------------------------------------------------
Trans. Ana

Crying or Very sad Mi padre, Alva (Fred) Hickman, falleció el 4 de diciembre de 2008 y mi tío, Richard Hickman, en febrero de 2009. Hecho tantísimo de menos a mi padre. Quería traerle a Spelter antes de su muerte, pero nunca lo hice. Tengo algunas fotografías suyas y de su hermano, de cuando eran niños. Tengo otras fotografías pero no conozco a la gente. Mi padre es un niño pequeño acompañado de otros dos niños. Quizás algún día lo descubra.
Art
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome, Geanie. I'm sorry to hear about your losses, and that they were so close together, too.

Were Alva and Richard from an Asturian family? Did their parents work at the zinc plant in Spelter?

You can add photos to your messages:
http://www.asturianus.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1684

-----------

Bienvenida, Geanie. Lamento lo de tus pérdidas, y que fueran tan juntos, también.

Estaban Alva y Richard de una familia asturiana? ¿Trabajaban sus padres en la fábrica de zinc en Spelter?

Puedes agregar fotos a tus mensajes:
http://www.asturianus.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1684
Ron Gonzalez

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geanie
I knew Fred and your Uncle Richard; I worked with both of them. Richard's children live in Clarksburg. I see one of the girls every now and then, but can't remember her name. When I said that I worked with Fred, I was referring to your grandfather not your father.

------------------------------------------------------------
Trans. Ana

Geanie

Conocía a Fred y a tu tío Richard; trabajé con los dos. Los hijos de Richard viven en Clarksburg. Veo a una de sus hijas de tanto en cuanto, pero no recuerdo su nombre. Cuando digo que trabajé con Fred me refiero a tu abuelo, no a tu padre.
geaniegirl2

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My grandfather Fred Hickman worked at the Zinc plant. My dad and his brother were born and raised in Spelter.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Asturian-American Migration Forum Index -> Work & Industry - Trabajo e industria All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: