FAQFAQ          SearchSearch          MemberlistMemberlist          UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile          Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages          Log inLog in          
Chorizo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Asturian-American Migration Forum Index -> Meats - Carnes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zapico

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:17 am    Post subject: Chorizo Reply with quote

Ok, here is a long shot. My grandpa born in Harrison county 1914, used to order chorizos through the mail. My dad can remember he started ordering them in the 70's and last time he ordered was in the early 90's. All I got from my dad was that he bought them from an old man and then his daughter took over, they came in 6 inch links that were connected. That's all I know. Does anyone have any ideas? It was from anmoore or clarksburg or somewhere in that area. Thanks
Ron Gonzalez

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The people that you are referring to in your post were Mildred and Josephine Alvarez. They lived at Spelter. The father and mother were Manuel and Marie Alvarez. If you get a chance to see AsturiasUS, the documentary, you will hear Josephine talk about making chorizos.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Asturian-American Migration Forum Index -> Meats - Carnes All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: