Introduce yourself here / Aquí puedes presentarte

Tell us your story!<br>
¡Dinos tu historia!

Moderator: Moderators

Art
Site Admin

Introduce yourself here / Aquí puedes presentarte

Post by Art »

One of our members, El Tampeño, said that the forum needed a place where people could introduce themselves to the other members. That's a great idea!

Please start a "New Topic" for yourself and put your name (or your username) in the subject line. This will make it easier for other members to find you.

I would also like to remind you not to put your email address in your posts. This would increase the amount of spam you receive. Members who want to contact you can do so by clicking on the email link beneath your message.

We also have a section of the site, About Us where you are welcome to tell about yourself. Posting in the forum is a lot less work. If you want to appear in About Us, email me with your text and any photos. I'll help set up the page for you.

------------
translated by Art and Reverso

Uno de nuestros miembros, El Tampeño, dijo que el foro necesitó un tema donde la gente podría presentarse a otros miembros. ¡Esto es una idea fantástica!

Rogamos que empeces un tema nueva para tí y que pongas tu nombre (o tu nombre de usuario) en la línea del "asunto." Esto lo hará más fácil para otros miembros para encontrarte.

También me gustaría recordarle a todos: no poner tu dirección de correo electrónico en tus mensajes. Haciendo así aumentaría la cantidad de spam que recibes. Los miembros que quieren ponerse en contacto contigo pueden hacer así por pulsando sobre el enlace de correo electrónico debajo de tu mensaje.

También tenemos una sección del sitio, About Us (Sobre Nosotros) en que eres bienvenido contar tu historia. Escribir una mensaje en el foro es mucho menos trabajo. Si quieres aparecer en About Us (Sobre Nosotros), envíame por correo electrónico tu texto y cualquier fotos. Ayudaré a establecer una página para tí.
Last edited by Art on Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Terechu

Post by Terechu »

I think this is a great idea. How many lines do we have to submit? Also, the only digital picture I have of myself includes my hubby. Will that be OK?

Terechu

--------------------------
Me parece una idea genial. ¿Cuántas líneas tenemos que mandar? Yo sólo tengo una foto digital mía en la que también sale mi marido. Vale igual?
Art
Site Admin

Post by Art »

If you just want to use this section of the forum, you can post as much or as little as you like. It's harder to put in photos, although that can be done. (The photo has to be emailed to me so I can put it on our Web server. Then you can add it to any message in the forum.)

If you want to have a page in the About Us section of the site (the link is at the top of the page), we'd need a fair amount of text to make it look like a Web page, at least 300 words, I'd think. Gijones has a nicely done intro to himself in the About Us section of the site. But--if you're verbose like Bob, Suronda and I--you can write quite a bit more! You might take a look at the pages already there for ideas of topics.

As for photos, a photo of you and your partner would be great! Whatever way you want to portray yourself is fine with us.

Just email me the photo and text and I'll set it up.

Best wishes, Art
Art
Site Admin

Post by Art »

Please post your introduction in a "new topic" under this category. That will make it easier for people to find you!

Please put your name (or your username) in the subject line, also to make it easier to find you.

I'll lock this thread so no one is tempted add their introduction here.

Return to “Introduction of Members - Presentación de miembros”