Great-uncle Bernardo

Discussion of photos in the AsturianUS.org photo album pages.<br>
Discusión de fotos en las páginas del álbum de fotos de AsturianUS.org.

Moderator: Moderators

Marta Elena Díaz García

Great-uncle Bernardo

Post by Marta Elena Díaz García »

Hi Art:
I am giving you a lot of work.....This is another picture for the photo album, although its quality is poor but it is the only I have of him.

His name was Bernardo Alvarez Fernández and was one of my grandmother's brothers. He emigrated to USA problably in the same year as his sister Quela. He lived also in Canton (Ohio) and then moved to Sacramento (California). No more data about him.

I don't know what means "recuerdo de mi beneficio" ("memory of my benefit") in the picture.:shock:

Marta
Art
Site Admin

Post by Art »

Hi, Marta,

I've not been able to find anyone to take over the photo album and I'm overwhelmed with tasks, so our best option now is exactly what you're doing: post them to this section of the forum. Sorry!

----------------------------

Hola, Marta:

No he podido encontrar a nadie para hacerse cargo del álbum de fotos y estoy abrumado por tareas, por lo que nuestra mejor opción ahora es exactamente lo que estás haciendo: publicarlas en esta sección del foro. ¡Lo siento!
Art
Site Admin

Post by Art »

Marta, I wonder if he wrote "Recuerdo de mi benificio" to indicate that the photo was a demonstration of his success (literally "profits") in the US. He also wrote "ÜS of America" on the photo, so he seems to be linking himself or his situation to the US.

--------------------------

Marta, me pregunto si escribió "Recuerdo de mi benificio" para indicar que la foto fue una demostración de su éxito (literalmente "los beneficios o ganancias") en los EE.UU. También escribió "US of America" en la foto, por lo que parece que estaba uniendo a sí mismo o su situación a los EE.UU.

Return to “Our Photo Album - Nuestro álbum de fotos”