FAQFAQ          SearchSearch          MemberlistMemberlist          UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile          Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages          Log inLog in          
Art, we need a "Travel to Asturies" section

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Asturian-American Migration Forum Index -> Feedback - Reacciones
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xose

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:16 pm    Post subject: Art, we need a "Travel to Asturies" section Reply with quote

I think we need a travel section to get and post recommendations for folks heading back to the old country. What do you think?
Art
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had forgotten about this, but there's already a section on "Restaurants & Stores - Restaurantes y tiendas" under the category of "Recipes & Foods - Recetas y alimentación":
http://www.asturianus.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=16

Maybe it's not in the right category. Should it be under "Research, Reconnect - Investigación, reconectar"?

I think we've been including travel questions under "About Asturias - Sobre Asturies".

Asturian restaurantes is a topic that's been covered several times as part of discussions in other sections. This may be the most helpful:
http://www.asturianus.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2925&start=15
Maybe I should move those posts over to that restaurant section. What do you think?

By the way, the searching, I usually use Google because their search algorithm is much more sophisticated than the forum software's. You can use this in Google to search for "restaurants" on this site:
site:asturianus.org restaurants
Xose

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still think it would be helpful to folks planning a trip to have a "Travel" topic. That way specific recommendations (spanning all aspects of the trip, i.e. "how to get to asturias from Madrid?," "Where is the best place to withdraw cash in Aviles?," and the like would be all in one place. My 2 cents.
Maestro Tomberi

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xose has some really nice points here. IMHO, things like "where to eat good and cheap in Asturias" or "checking best counties for determined seasons" (another two examples given) might solve doubts in order to plan a nice future travel.

Maestro Tomberi, creador de fantasía y surrealismo
Art
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, that could work. I've created a new travel section.

We'll need to shift some of the old threads or parts of threads into the travel section.
Let me know if you see anything that should be here:
http://www.asturianus.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=59

--------------------

My bien, podría ser una idea muy buena. He creado una nueva sección de viajar.

Tendremos que mover algunos de los hilos viejos o partes de las discusiones hasta la sección de viajar.
Dime si ves algo que debería estar aquí:
http://www.asturianus.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=59
Xose

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good deal, Art. I think this will be helpful to folks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Asturian-American Migration Forum Index -> Feedback - Reacciones All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: