Alvarez Bango

Researching our ancestors in Asturias & America.<br>
Investigando nuestros antepasados en Asturias y America

Moderators: svgev, Maria Garcia Alvarez, Moderators

Dolores

Alvarez Bango

Post by Dolores »

Quisiera saber si alguien en el foro tiene ascendencia cubana o conocen a gente con los apellidos Alvarez Bango provenientes de Avilés.

Mis bisabuelos fueron Laureano Alvarez Bango de Avilés y Juanita Alvarez Castro de San Roque, Matanzas, Cuba. Mi bisabuelo emigró a Cuba en el último cuarto del siglo XIX (no se la fecha exacta) y murió antes de 1933.

Me gustaría mucho conocer la historia del apellido Bango o de personas con este apellido. Se que existe una Casa de los Bango en Asturias creo que en Santiago de Ambiedes, pero no se si tuviera que ver con la familia de mi bisabuelo, por lo que si alguien cuenta con información me encantaría que me escribiera.

Dolores
-----------------------------------------
Transl. Terechu

I was wondering if anyone in the forum is of Cuban descent or know anyone originally from Avilés by the surnames Alvarez Bango.

My great-grandparents were Laureano Alvarez Bango from Avilés and Juanita Alvarez Castro from San Roque, Matanzas, Cuba. My GGF emigrated to Cuba in the last quarter of the 19th Century (don't know the exact date) and died before 1933.

I would like to know the history of the Bango surname or any other people by that name. I do know there is a House of Bango in Asturias, I believe in Santiago de Ambiedes, but I'm not sure it has anything to do with my GGF's family, so if anybody has any information, I would be very pleased if they would write me.
Sweeney

cousins

Post by Sweeney »

Dear Dolores:

You can try contacting cousins in Aviles. There are 28 people with the surname Bango living in Aviles today. You might try writing these people to see if they are related to you. You can find their addresses by using the www.infobel.com search engine. Good luck!
Donna
Bob

Post by Bob »

My family knows some Bangos in the Niagara Falls, New York area, and they are certainly of central Asturian ancestry. I don't know if their ancestors came directly to the US, or stopped in Cuba first. I will ask my father what he knows about them.

Bob Martinez
Dolores

Post by Dolores »

Have you been in Aviles?
Last edited by Dolores on Mon Feb 16, 2004 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dolores

Post by Dolores »

Donna, thank you for the tip. I will begin with the family research to see if there are cousins in Aviles.
8)

Bob, I will really love to have family in Niagara Falls. Thank you for asking.

Dolores :D
biad

Re: Alvarez Bango

Post by biad »

hola, me llamo Beatriz y mi marido se apellida Bango García y su familia vive en Soto del Barco, muy proximo a Avilés, pero no se de donde son originarios. Preguntaré a su familia en cuanto tenga algun dato te lo envió un saludo desde Asturias.

------------
translated by Art

Hello. My name is Beatriz. My husband's last name is Bango García and his family lives in Soto del Barco, very close to Avilés. But I don't know where they came from originally. I will ask his family. As soon as I have some info, I'll send it to you. Greetings from Asturias.
Bob

Post by Bob »

The Bango family that my father knew were David and Rosario. They lived in Annmore and eventually moved to Niagara Falls, NY. Their children were Josephine (Pepa), Luis, Ester (now deceased) and David. The surviving family members still live in or near Niagara Falls.

He does not know if the family ever lived in Cuba.

Bob Martinez
Last edited by Bob on Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
judyallison

Bango Family

Post by judyallison »

I saw this discussion and thought I might add a little info. I am related to the Bangos. Rosario was my great aunt. She was my grandfather's (Jose Argüelles) sister. David came to Ellis Island October 30, 1914 on the ship Cedric. His last residence prior to immigration was listed as "F Artinas, Spain." His port of departure was Liverpool, England. He was 18 at the time. I am not sure when or where Rosario entered the country. I do know my grandfather had relatives in Cuba. Reading through old letters and documents my grandmother left, it appears she waited there until she was able to enter the US. I even found their marriage certificate from Havanna. I know Rosario was here with David when my grandfather showed up at Ellis Island in 1924. His residence was Niagara Falls and he was to stay with Rosario Bango, his sister. So it is possible there may have been some Cuban connection. The Bango children were Josefa, Eloise, Esther and David. Both Esther and Eloise are now deceased. I have never heard of Josephine being called Pepa. I'll have to ask her or my mother about that one. Hope this helps.

Judy Allison
----------------------------------------------------

Transl. Terechu

He visto este tema y pensé que podría añadir algo de información. Soy pariente de los Bango. Rosario fue mi tía abuela. Era hermana de mi abuelo José Argüelles.
David llegó a la isla de Ellis el 30 de octubre de 1914 a bordo del buque Cedric. Su último lugar de residencia antes de emigrar está indicado como “F Artinas, España” Su puerto de embarque fue Liverpool. Tenía entonces 18 años. No estoy seguro por dónde o cuándo Rosario llegó al país. Sí sé que mi abuelo tenía parientes en Cuba.
Al leer viejas cartas y documentos que mi abuela nos dejó, parece ser que ella esperó allí hasta que pudo entrar en EE.UU. Incluso he encontrado su acta matrimonial de la Habana. Sé que Rosario estaba aquí con David cuando mi abuelo llegó a la isla de Ellis en 1942. Su lugar de residencia era Niagara Falls e iba a quedarse con Rosario Bango, su hermana.
O sea que es possible que haya habido alguna conexión con Cuba. Los niños Bango eran: Josefa, Eloise, Esther y David. Tanto Esther como Eloise ya han fallecido. Nunca oí hablar de Josephine como Pepa. Tengo que preguntarle a ella o a mi madre sobre este asunto. Espero haber sido de ayuda.
Judy Allison
Marta Elena Díaz García

Bango family

Post by Marta Elena Díaz García »

:D Hi, Judy:
There is a Bango family in Cancienes and Nubledo (Corvera de Asturias), little towns near Aviles. The name of this family comes from the XII century. During the XIV-XV centuries the Bango's had an important role in the politic life of Avilés. Another line of the family is the Bango-Nomparte, with ancestors in Corvera during the XVI-XVIII centuries.

You can find the old house of the Bango's in Nubledo with its coat of arms (La casona de los Bango).
The heraldry of the Bango's says: "El de Bango fue a la guerra/ y volvió/ y muchos moros venció/en lo llano y en la sierra"
(Bango went to war/ and came back/ and killed a lot of moslems/ in the plain and in the sierra). Sorry for the awful translation :oops:

Perhaps you can try to find information about your relatives in the Ayuntamiento de Corvera, from most of the Bango's were/are.
Have you any information about the parents of your grandfather?

Yours,
Marta
judyallison

Bango, Argüelles, García, Gonzalez,Alvarez, and others

Post by judyallison »

Marta,

Thank you so much for your reply. You are much more fluent in English than I am in Spanish. Since my grandmother died in 1993, I have forgotten the little Spanish I did know. I visited Aviles in 1971. I enjoyed meeting my relatives. I loved the area, especially Gijón.

I am sorry to say I don't know as much about my grandparents' families as I would like. Apparently my cousins do not know more than I do. This is what I do know.

My grandfather was José Antonio Argüelles. He was born August 15, 1896 in I believe San Martín, Asturias. His father was Robustiano Argüelles García and his mother was Joséfa Gonzalez Golan. I believe his mother's family may have been from Pola de Siero, Spain. My grandfather's brothers and sisters were Higinia, Manuel, Rosario (who married David Bango), and others I do not know.

My grandmother's name was María Pilar Gonzalez Alonso. She was born January 30, 1899 in San Martín, Spain. Her father's name was Manuel Alonso Alvarez from San Martín Laspra, Asturias, Spain. Her mother's name was Elvíra Gonzalez Rodriguez also from San Martín Laspra. My grandmother's brothers and sisters were José, Jesus, Manolo, Angel, Aurora, Emilio, Joséfa and David. David also came to the United States to live. I grew up knowing him. Her father's parents were Bernardo Alonso Valdez and Joséfa Alvarez Gonzalez. They were also from San Martín Laspra. Her mother's parents were Manuel Gonzalez and María Rodriguez.

If you have any information about any of my family, I would love to see it. Thanks again.

Judy Allison
Judy Allison
nmiyares

Bando

Post by nmiyares »

Dolores,

Mi abuela es de apellido Bango, su padre se mudo a Camaguey, Cuba, buscando fortunas y allá vivió hasta morir. La mayoría de los hermanos de mi abuela salieron de Cuba y se mudaron a varios estados en los EU. Hay Bangos en muchos estados de la nación, pero la mayoría se han mudado a la Florida.

Entiendo yo por mi madre que ella tiene primos y tíos lejanos en Barcelona, y en un viaje que hizo con su abuela, se tomo fotos con ellos en un restaurante que era de la familia llamado Casa Bango. Yo creo que el restaurante ya cerró.

Mi abuela tiene un hermano que se ha dedicado a documentar el árbol genealógico de los Bango. El viajo hasta España para visitar Iglesias y oficinas de gobierno tratando de descubrir lo más posible de sus antepasados. Quizás yo pueda conseguirte más información con el hermano de mi abuela. Lo que no se es si mis parientes Bango son relacionados con los tuyos. Me dejas saber…

Néstor

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Traduc. Terechu

Mi grandmother’s surname is Bango, her father moved to Camagüey, Cuba, looking for fortune, and lived there until his death. Most of my grandmother’s siblings left Cuba and moved to various US States. There are Bangos in many States of the nation, but the majority moved to Florida.

From what my mother told me, she has distant cousins, aunts and uncles in Barcelona and during a trip she made with her grandmother she took pictures with them in a restaurant that belonged to the family and was called Casa Bango. I believe that restaurant is now closed.

My grandmother has a brother who has been documenting the Bango family tree. He travelled to Spain to visit churches and government offices trying to find out as much as possible about his ancestors. I might be able to get more information through my grandmother’s brother. What I don’t know is whether my Bangos are related to yours. Let me know...
cfernaga

Bangos

Post by cfernaga »

My granmother is a García Bango. She has a uncle who left Salinas in the 1930´s to USA: We know they lived in Niagara Falls His name was David Bango. His wife was Rosario Argüelles from San Martin de Laspra and they had four children: David, Eloisa, Josefina y Esther. We are really interesting at knowning David phone number and I were very thankfully to anyone can tell my anything about him, we are trying to contact him since a long time ago. Consuelo fernández Gállego
MY GRAND GRANDMATHER WAS THE ELOISA, DAVID ESTHER AND JOSEFINAS'S AUNT ( HER FATHER'S SISTER, DAVID BANGO) AND IM VERY INTERESTING AT FOUND THE RELATIVES I HAVE THERE.
Bob

Post by Bob »

I jus talked to my father. Several of the Bangos, includng David, are still alive and live in Niagara Falls or nearby Wheatfield. He will look up the telephone numbers and call me back later. I'll send you a private message with the phone numbers. If you haven't already activated your email address on the website, please do so as soon as possible.
Bob

Post by Bob »

OK, I just emailed you the phone number. We don't post them on the website because of privacy concerns. Please let me know whether or not you got it.

Actually, learned something from your question. I knew that my dad had lived in Anmore, West Virginia, for a while, although he was born and raised in Spelter, but I never before knew that he had lived in the same factory row house as the Bangos. I met one of the Bango sisters (I think is was Josephine) at my uncle's funeral a few years ago.
hilia

Post by hilia »

Hola,mi bisabuelo fue Laureano Alvarez Bango, de Villaalegre, Aviles, hijo de Jose Alvarez Muñiz y Constancia Bango y mi bisabuela, Juana Alvarez Castro, natural de San Roque, provincia de Matanzas, Cuba.

Mi bisabuelo,emigro a Cuba a finales del siglo XlX y fallecio en el poblado de Alacranes, provincia Matanzas en el año 1926 a la edad de 56 años.

Si alguna persona en este foro tiene informacion sobre los apellidos Alvarez Bango, quisiera que me escribiera, porque estoy interesada en conocer la historia de mi familia, descendencia y ascendencia.

Hilia

Return to “Genealogy - Genealogía”