Looking for friends

> Formal: construction, farming, manufacturing, mining, small businesses, smelting, etc. > Informal: blackberry picking, boarding houses, bootlegging, clothes washing, sausage making.<br>
> Formal: construcción, agricultura, fabricación, minería, pequeñas empresas, fundición, etc. > Informal: cosecha de moras, pensiones, contrabandista, colada, embutimiento.

Moderators: Maria Garcia Alvarez, JuanLeon, Moderators

Riomatrix

Looking for friends

Post by Riomatrix »

Dear Astrurian members
I am writing in regards to some info and help.
After reviewing your web page I was amazed to find that my family may have worked with some of you.My name is Roger Williams and my father is Larry Williams and his father was Freel Williams,both of which worked for zeising zink plant for many many years.My grandfather was a millwright and my father worked on the small rail cars.I am asking if anyone within this group knows or remembers any one of those 2 please instant message me or email me.I would love to hear from you.As a young boy growing up I remember watching out the back window as the hillside popped during rain storms as the fire roared underground for many years.
Thank you
Sincerely
Roger Williams
Ken Menendez

Post by Ken Menendez »

Roger, I was originally from Spelter. I knew Norman, Bernard and Stanley Williams, the sons of Mollie and O. O. Williams. They lived on the same street as my grandparents, Joe and Carmen Menendez. All of their backyards faced the zinc smelter. Mollie was one of my Sunday school teachers in the late 1940, early 1950's at the Ziesing Methodist Church.

I don't remember a Fred Williams, but I will be calling my family this weekend to ask them if they know the name. My father, his brothers and their father worked in the zinc smelter (Grasselli Chemical, then DuPont and later M&H Zinc). My father's brothers are still alive and my remember the name, and help me recall the individuals.

Ken
Ron Gonzalez

Looking for old friends

Post by Ron Gonzalez »

Roger my name is Ronnie Gonzalez I worked for a lot of years with Larry and Freel . Say hello to your dad for me.

Return to “Work & Industry - Trabajo e industria”