Josefa Artimez

Discussion of photos in the AsturianUS.org photo album pages.<br>
Discusión de fotos en las páginas del álbum de fotos de AsturianUS.org.

Moderator: Moderators

Cathy Langhoff

Josefa Artimez

Post by Cathy Langhoff »

Does anyone have a photo of Josefa Artimez, wife of Sabino Menendez. She was born in Asturias 25 Jan 1872 and died in Zeising WV on 9 June 1919. I would like to know more about her as her death certificate has little more than her name and date she died. If you have a photo PLEASE post it or email it to me. I would like to know if there is any resemblance at all to me! Thank you.
Art
Site Admin

Post by Art »

Hi, Cathy, I've asked Ron Gonzalez and Bob Martinez. Neither have anything about Josefa. But we'll hope that someone else does!

If you know when and where she was born, her birth and baptismal certificates could give you a lot more data. Also, marriage certificates sometimes show interesting info. Perhaps one of our Asturian friends could help if you provide more data?
Bob

Josefa Artimez

Post by Bob »

According to the Ellis Island records, a Josefa Artimez from Salinas (Asturias) left Liverpool on the Baltic (1-30-1907) and arrived at Ellis Island 2-8-1907, accompanies by four children. She is listed as "wife" and her destination is Clarksburg, WV.

The only Sabino Menendez who came to the US through Ellis Island before Josefa arrived from Liverpool on the Teutonic on June 22, 1905. He had $20 with him and was married.

Return to “Our Photo Album - Nuestro álbum de fotos”