Vic Gonzalez, First Mayor of Anmoore

Researching our ancestors in Asturias & America.<br>
Investigando nuestros antepasados en Asturias y America

Moderators: svgev, Maria Garcia Alvarez, Moderators

Ken Menendez

Vic Gonzalez, First Mayor of Anmoore

Post by Ken Menendez »

Who remembers and knows Vic Gonzalez?

Victor "Vic" Gonzalez was the first mayor of Anmoore, West Virginia, and was honored with a street named for him in Anmoore. Vic currently lives in Clarksburg.

I recently received e-mails from several members of the Forum (Jim Muniz, Pepe Johnson, Patty Cunningham) who are related to Vic, as I am, through my grandmother's side of the family. My grandmother was Carmen Gonzalez Menendez. Her brother was Manuel Gonzalez, Vic's father. Manuel was know to many as "el cubano", I am told, as he fought in the Spanish-American War.

Let's use the Forum to honor Vic, Anmoore's first mayor.

Ken Menendez
Barbara Alonso Novellino

Vic Gonzalez

Post by Barbara Alonso Novellino »

Do you know if he was related to Angel Gonzalez who also lived in Anmoore, West Virginia.

He married my Aunt Luz Garcia. They had 4 children, Angel, Jr., Matteo, Anita, Luz...the only one left, I believe is Luz. Barbara Alonso Novellino
Ken Menendez

Post by Ken Menendez »

Victor "Vic" Gonzalez, first mayor of Anmoore, died on June 17, 2006., in Clarksburg, WV. He was born on Feb. 8, 1925, in Anmoore. In 1954, Vic was the youngest elected municipal official in West Virginia, having been elected mayor in 1950.
Selina Gonzalez Williams

Post by Selina Gonzalez Williams »

Ken,
What part of Asturias are your realtives from? My grandfather's name was Manuel Gonzalez Menendez. He was from Taborneda. Taborneda is near Aviles.
Selina
Selina

Return to “Genealogy - Genealogía”