What is the best way to send a package to Spain?

Have a question? Run into a problem on the site? Please tell us.<br>
¿Tienes una pregunta? ¿Topaste un problema en el sitio? Dinos.

Moderator: Moderators

Eric Smith Fernandez

What is the best way to send a package to Spain?

Post by Eric Smith Fernandez »

What is a good company to use? What kind of import tarrifs does Spain have? Should I insure the items? How long will it take in the mail?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
¿Cuál es una buena companía para usar a enviar paquetes a España? ¿Cómo son los impuestos/las tarifas?
¿Debo comprar seguranza por las cosas que mando?
¿Por cuánto tiempo dura en el correo?
Soy un estudiante. Quiero estar seguro de que estoy escribiendo bien Si alguien se da cuenta de los errores gramaticales míos en los mensajes ¿Me puede avisar?
Art
Site Admin

Post by Art »

Hi, Eric. That's a good set of questions!

I have sent gifts to my cousins and a gaita to Spain. I only insured the gaita. Everything got there. just fine.

With gifts, be sure to declare them on the customs form as "gifts". I don't think anyone had to pay tariffs, but the gifts were simple things like food items and scarves.

I'd use the U.S. Post Office. If I remember correctly, the other carriers (FedEx, UPS, for example) are a lot more expensive. But it may be worth doing a check of the rates online.

These days, all of the U.S. Post Office packages go by air, I think, so it's pretty quick, one week, maybe two weeks tops.

If anyone else has experiences to share, please do!

-------------

Hola, Eric. ¡Son preguntas muy buenas!

He enviado regalos a mis primos y una gaita a España. Sólo compré un seguro para la gaita. Todo llegó allí en muy bien estado.

Con regalos, hay que declarar en el formulario de aduanas que son "regalos". No creo que alguien tuvo que pagar aranceles de aduanas, pero los regalos eran cosas simples, como algunos alimentos y unas bufandas.

Uso la Oficina Postal de los EE.UU. Si no recuerdo mal, las otras compañías (FedEx, UPS, por ejemplo) son mucho más caras. Pero vale la pena hacer una prueba de las tarifas en línea.

Hoy en día, todos los paquetes de US Post Office van por el aire, creo, así que es bastante rápida, una semana, quizás dos semanas al máximo.

Si alguien tiene otras experiencias, ¡dinos!
Eric Smith Fernandez

Post by Eric Smith Fernandez »

Thanks again Art.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gracias otra vez Art.
Soy un estudiante. Quiero estar seguro de que estoy escribiendo bien Si alguien se da cuenta de los errores gramaticales míos en los mensajes ¿Me puede avisar?
Ron Gonzalez

Post by Ron Gonzalez »

Eric, I also have sent gifts to Asturias by US Post Office and never had a problem. They always make it, unlike some of the mail in the states.
Joniwrite1

Packages

Post by Joniwrite1 »

Depending on the size you may want to try Priority Mail at the US Post Office. They give you the box free, and they ship International.
Joniwrite1

Return to “Need Help? - ¿Precisas ayuda?”