Asturian/African round hut--Cabana redonda astur/africana

2-D & 3-D disciplines: painting, sculpture, ceramics, printmaking, jewelry, etc.<br>
Disciplinas bidimensional y tridimensional: pintura, escultura, cerámica, grabado, alhajas, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Art
Site Admin

Asturian/African round hut--Cabana redonda astur/africana

Post by Art »

[Art: I have received this message from an American mathematician, Baruti Katembo.]

I am pleased to announce that I have completed a new book entitled, 'Scattered Assets: How African-Americans & Other Resources Can Shape 21st Century Pan-African Empowerment.' The book is available for purchase at Amazon.com, AuthorHouse.com, and other internet book-purchase outlets. If your interest moves you to get a copy, I would like to say thanks in advance and would welcome feedback and discussion with you on the content ideas. Also, feel free to mention the book to other interested parties.

A picture of the round Celtic dwelling (that Art gave me permission to use) appears in a chapter entitled, 'Circularity, Mathematics and the Msonge'.

[Art: A "msonge" is a round African building. Baruti writes about the developmental differences between round and rectilinier buildings.

Here's a link on Amazon for Scattered Assets.

If you use the "search inside this book" option on Amazon, and search on "celtic", you'll see the Asturian hut and his comments.]

-------------------------

[Art: He recibido este mensaje de un matemático estadounidense, Baruti Katembo.]

Tengo el agrado de anunciar que he completado un nuevo libro titulado, 'Scattered Assets: How African-Americans & Other Resources Can Shape 21st Century Pan-African Empowerment.'
[Los activos dispersos. Como los afro-americanos y otros recursos pueden dar forma al empoderamiento panafricano en el siglo 21]. El libro está disponible en Amazon.com, AuthorHouse.com, y otros páginas donde se puede comprar libros. Si tu interés te induje a obtener una copia, me gustaría dar las gracias de antemano y agradecería recibir comentarios y discusión sobre las ideas que contiene el libro. Además, no dude en mencionar el libro a otras partes interesadas.

Una imagen de la vivienda ronda celta (que Art me dio permiso para usar) aparece en un capítulo titulado: 'Circularity, Mathematics and the Msonge' [La circularidad, las matemáticas y el msonge].

[Art: Un "msonge" es un edificio redondo de África. Baruti escribió acerca de las diferencias de desarrollo entre edificios redondos y rectiliniers.

Aquí hay un Eslabón en Amazon por el libro.

Si utilizas la opción "buscar dentro de este libro" en Amazon, y buscas para "celtic", verás la cabaña asturiana y los comentarios de Baruti.]
Last edited by Art on Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
is

Post by is »

Art, I think the title of the chapter is missing in your post. I did a search with the keyword you gave (Celtic), in the 'in this book' search field, but could not find the picture or comments.

Don't matter--I've been sending pictures of thatched West African granaries in Niger and other countries to an anthropologist friend in Asturias who is collecting them. To him, each detail of the thatching technique offers insights into similar constructions in Asturias. In Burkina Faso,roof for example, there were granaries on stone stilts (horreos) next to round thatched dwellings. In many of these villages, the layout suggested how the hill forts might have been structured.

Burkina was extremely dry and low-humidity, unlike Asturias. But the rodent factor meant villagers had to devise ways to protect their grain harvest and thus the ubiquity of these structures in Niger, Mali and Burkina. So your friend who wrote the book may not be off-mark, even though I have not found the comments.

Art
Site Admin

Post by Art »

That's interesting, Is. Thanks for sharing that image.

I've corrected the message. It's on page 120. The chapter starts on 112, but Amazon won't let you see all of the pages.

----------------

Muy interesante, Is. Gracias por compartir esa imagen.

He corregido el mensaje. Es en página 120. El capítulo empieza en 112, pero Amazon no nos permite leer todas las páginas.

Return to “Visual Art - Artes visuales”