Cachopos

Recipies using beef, veal, pork, sausages, patés, & game.<br>
Recetas empleando carne de vaca, ternera, cerdo, embutidos, paté, y caza.

Moderators: almudena, Moderators

Bob

Cachopos

Post by Bob »

Cachopos

4 double veal cutlets
4 slices serrano ham
4 slices boiled ham
8 thin slices Beyos sheep’s milk cheese
1 egg
Breadcrumbs

Tenderize the veal cutlets by kneading them with your fist, or gently pound them out between pieces of plastic wrap. Lay the veal on a worktop and season to taste. Place a few slices of Beyos cheese, a slice ofserrano ham, a slice of boiled ham and another layer of cheese on each cutlet. Place the other half of the cutlet on top, to enclose the stuffing.

Carefully coat the cachopo in the breadcrumbs and then dip in the beaten egg and again coat with the breadcrumbs, making sure it is evenly coated and that the cheese does not come out when being fried.

Fry in plenty of hot oil. Remove the excess oil by draining the cachopo on paper towels after removing it from the pan. .

Accompany with French fries and peppers, if desired.
Charolette

Beyos cheese

Post by Charolette »

Is it possible to use another kind of cheese? I have never seen the Beyos and I don't see it on La Tienda.
Maestro Tomberi

Post by Maestro Tomberi »

Yes. In fact the custom and key is to use any kind of cheese tasty and easy to melt down, altough in some places you can see them done even with La Peral cheese (and that does taste great).

Besides this, I seldom see both york ham and cured ham inside, but one of them. Yet, I'd do that.

Return to “Meats - Carnes”