Comparison of Languages

Vocabulary & grammar of Asturian & Bable, comparisons with Castilian.<br>
Vocabulario y gramática de asturianu y bable, comparaciones con castellano

Moderator: Moderators

Bob

Comparison of Languages

Post by Bob »

Here is a brief comparison selected features of Sardinian, Spanish, Catalan, Asturianu, Portuguese, Gallego and Italian. It's written in Sardinian (Sardu), but is not too difficult for anyone who reads Spanish. I found it quite interesting

http://www.innova.uned.es/webpages/xavi ... o_vert.pdf
is

Sardu

Post by is »

I find those endings in "u" in Sardinian interesting. Not sure if it's a result of Latin diluting into previous indigenous languages or if the opposite, the local languages bleeding into the Latin. Basque also has interesting "u" endings for names and since that's closer to Asturias, I wonder if it's a vestige of the previous language.

On the Sardinian topic, though, apparently the incidence of G M201 haplotypes there, according to genetic research, is quite high, as in West Asturias. The G M201 has been traced to the Caucasus (Georgia, Ossetia) and is thought to be an expansion linked to the Neolithic Revolution. Interestingly, this is the part of the world where I found near-duplicates of the Asturian horreos on stilts.

Anyway, here is a YouTube clip of the area with the highest incidence of G M201 haplotypes, Ossetia. The similarities to Asturias are easy to make and perhaps completely off mark, but it's got me thinking whether during the Neolithic, people tended to settle in areas where the natural environment was familiar to them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wyk8s7n ... playnext=2
Art
Site Admin

Post by Art »

Wow, there are a lot of similarities! Thanks, Is, that's an interesting video.

--------------

¡Vaya, hay tantos similitudes! Gracias, Is, es un video muy interesante.

Return to “Asturian & Bable - Asturianu y bables”