Immigrant stories by city?

Suggest a new forum theme or link.<br>Tell us about a photo or article you want to add to the site.<br>
Sugiere un nuevo enlace o tema para el foro.<br>Dinos de una foto o artículo que quieres añadir al sitio.

Moderator: Moderators

DPuente

Immigrant stories by city?

Post by DPuente »

Cousin Art et. al.,

Have you thought about doing geographical subgroups within the Immigrant Stories topic? That is, a subtopic for each of the cities where Asturianos lived such as Denora, PA; Wheeling, WV; St. Louis, MO, etc, etc.. To a certain extent this has already happened on the immigrant stories pages, members are recounting stories of their anticedentes living in various cities and towns, and -- as in my case -- also asking other members about what they know of the Astsuriano community in those towns.

If it works you could institute the same system for towns in Asturias.

The web site is so slick and well thought out, you have probably already considered this, but just in case, I toss it out there.

Regards, David
Art
Site Admin

Post by Art »

Hello, primo David of the Wagner clan!

That might be useful, especially if the new version of the forum software has more than two levels (a current limitation).

One of my concerns is that we maintain easy navigation. Well, to be honest, we may have already gone way beyond what seems like a user-friendly number of categories! I'm amazed; we began with about twelve second level categories and just kept adding because of member input.

Saludinos, primo!

Return to “Suggest? Submission? - Sugerencia? propuesta?”