Saludo

Stories, rituals, customs, & more.<br>
Cuentos, rituales, costumbres, y más.

Moderator: Moderators

Asoc.Folclore AZABACHE

Saludo

Post by Asoc.Folclore AZABACHE »

:roll: Hola somos nuevos en el foro, saludos a todos os escribimos desde Gijón Asturias, y estamos interesadíiiiiiiisimos en el folclore de nuestra tierra. Tenemos una hermosa web que podeis visitar (http://www.netcom.es/azabache) y si venís a Gijón poneros en contacto con nosotros.

Bailamos, cantamos, tocamos y construimos instrumentos tradicionales, recopilamos información sobre bailes, tradiciones, indumentaria, ramos, romances........

Hasta pronto

-------------
translated by Art

:roll: Hello! We're new to the forum. Greetings to all! We're writing from Gijón, Asturias and we're extremely interested in the folklore of our land. We have a lovely Web site that you can vist (http://www.netcom.es/azabache) and if you come to Gijón you can get in contact with us.

We dance, sing, play and construct traditional instruments, compile information about dances, traditions, clothing, wreathes, and ballads....

See you soon

[Translator's note: I'm in over my head! Can someone help me with the end of this: 'ramos, romances' ?]
[Thanks, Terechu! -- Read Terechu's message below.]
Terechu

Post by Terechu »

Art, "ramos" and "romances" are difficult to translate.
A “romance” is usually a story told in rhymes.

A "ramo" is usually a wreath of bread offered to the town's patron saint in a ceremony of "thanksgiving" for the harvest. It can be very elaborate and include several loaves and wreaths of bread placed on a wooden structure, decorated with flowers and ribbons. Many towns and villages have famous "Fiesta del ramu" processions. Usually the “ramu” is auctioned off at the end of the fair. You can see a good specimen below:

http://www.el-caminoreal.com/folclore/ramos.htm

Terechu
Asoc.Folclore AZABACHE

romances

Post by Asoc.Folclore AZABACHE »

Completando la definicion de romance de Terechu, añadimos que las historias contadas en versos llamadas romances, son de autor desconocido y muchas de una antigüedad notable. A veces eran cantadas por músicos populares ciegos en las fiestas de los pueblos.

---------------------------------------

Translation by Terechu

To complete Terechu's definition of "romance", we would add that the stories told in verses are from unknown authors and many remarkably ancient. Sometimes they were sung by popular blind musicians in the town fairs.
Terechu

Post by Terechu »

Por cierto, bienvenidos todos! Estoy segura de que tenéis mucho que aportar en cuanto a tradiciones y folklore.

¡Que disfrutéis de este sitio tan original!

----------------------------------------

By the way, welcome all! I'm sure you have a lot to contribute as to traditions and folklore.

Enjoy this original site!

Saludos
Terechu

Return to “Folklore”