Entrugues frecuentesEntrugues frecuentes          BuscarBuscar          MiembrosMiembros          Grupos d'UsuariosGrupos d'Usuarios    RexistraseRexistrase 
 PerfilPerfil          Entre pa ver los sus mensaxes privaosEntre pa ver los sus mensaxes privaos          ConectaseConectase          
Looking for any information on Abellino Ovies

Publicar nueu tema   Responder al tema    Índiz del foro de la migración astur-americana -> General Discussion - Discusión general
Ver tema anterior :: Ver tema siguiente  
Autor Mensaxe
Anthony C. Ovies

Rexistrau: 26 Feb 2013
Mensaxes: 2

MensaxePublicao: Xue Feb 28, 2013 10:22 pm    Asuntu: Looking for any information on Abellino Ovies Responder citando

I am trying to find information on my grandfather, Abellino (Avellino) Ovies, and his family. He married my grandmother Etellina Prieto Bueno in 1923 and they lived in Spelter until his death around 1929. My grandmother lost her first husband Juan Julio Bueno during Spanish flu outbreak. There were 4 children by Bueno, and 4 children by Ovies. My father was Manuel Ovies.

I am also related to the Muniz' in Spelter. My grandmother's sister was married to a Muniz.

Any information would be helpful. Thanks so much
Tornar arriba  
Ron Gonzalez

Rexistrau: 25 Pay 2004
Mensaxes: 377

MensaxePublicao: Vie Mar 01, 2013 8:37 am    Asuntu: Responder citando

Anthony, I remember Manuel Ovies but not much , I remember something about him working in a shoe store in Clarksburg that about it. The Muniz family I remember very well: Jim, Henry, Florence. As kids, they lived at the foot of the big hill in Spelter. Florence lived next door to her mom and dad, Jim also lived in Spelter. Henry lived at Edgewood in Clarksburg. Their mom lived to be 105 or 106. She was living in Ohio at a daughter's home, but I can't remember her name. I remember when Jim passed. He was a good friend. Sorry Anthony I forget Roy Muniz ,how can you forget Roy , he lives in Spelter also, he still with us I see him often .
Tornar arriba  
Anthony C. Ovies

Rexistrau: 26 Feb 2013
Mensaxes: 2

MensaxePublicao: Llu Mar 04, 2013 10:01 pm    Asuntu: Responder citando

Thanks Ron,
You are correct. My father Manuel Ovies worked at Wun-Der Shoe Store along with my mother Angie Vallelonga Ovies. All the Muniz's you mentioned are my father's first cousins. I see Lemeul Muniz quite often, and I went to school with Mark Muniz at Victory. My grandmother lived to be 100 yrs old.

Unfortunately, no one ever spoke of my grandfather, and I have no information on him. So i am digging into the research of finding long lost relatives on the Ovies side.

Anthony
Tornar arriba  
Ron Gonzalez

Rexistrau: 25 Pay 2004
Mensaxes: 377

MensaxePublicao: Mar Mar 05, 2013 9:45 am    Asuntu: Responder citando

I remember your grandfather but know nothing about him. You could talk to Roy, as he is the last of the family.
Tornar arriba  
Mostrar mensaxes de anteriores:   
Publicar nueu tema   Responder al tema    Índiz del foro de la migración astur-americana -> General Discussion - Discusión general Toles hores son GMT - 4 Hores
Páxina 1 de 1

Dir a:  
Pue publicar nueos temes n'esti foru
Nun pue responder a temes n'esti foru
Nun pue editar los sus mensaxes n'esti foru
Nun pue esborriar los sus mensaxes n'esti foru
Nun pue votar en encuestes n'esti foru

Site design & hosting by

Zoller Wagner Digital Design