New Member: Josephine Menendez Brandon

Tell us your story!<br>
¡Dinos tu historia!

Moderator: Moderators

Josephine

New Member: Josephine Menendez Brandon

Post by Josephine »

Hello,
My name is Josephine Menendez Brandon. I am the last surviving child of Olga Garcia & Jesse Menendez who passed when I was 3 years old in Spelter, WV. My siblings were a brother, Joe Manuel, from Gypsy, WV, passed in 1988 at 49 yrs. of age. Two sisters, Aundria Menendez Palmer, passed 2003 at 60 yrs. of age and Diana Menendez passed in 2004 at 57 yrs. of age. I am the youngest and 64 years young. I lived with my maternal grandparents, Joe and Josephine Alonso Garcia until I was around 12 years old. Then I lived with Mary & John Perri until I married in 1969.

I was never told about my mother and father, nor have I seen any pictures of them, except one photo that my brother had painted from a picture he had while in the Marines and a faded 2x3 black and white photo of my father in a military uniform. I would appreciate any stories or photos of my mother and father from anyone that knew them. Since I left WV in 1970, I have lived in SC, NC, Luxemburg, France, Germany, Belgium, CT, and now reside in PA. I guess all that moving around and raising 2 children with my husband didn't leave much time to dig into my roots. Now, I'm retired and have time to reflect on myself and realize I really don't know who I was from 1949 to 1969! Any information is appreciated from anyone who knew me or my family during those years. Thanks!
Ron Gonzalez

Post by Ron Gonzalez »

Josephine, I remember you. I lived next door to your mom and dad. I knew all of your siblings also. Your brother Joe and I are about the same age. He would get me in trouble all the time. As you know, you still have a cousin that lives in Spelter. Did you ask Susie about the photo? I would think she would have some of all your family, as well as your grandparents. I think that Diana lived with your aunt Mary for a time, as you know. I see Susie at mass. If you need help in contacting her, let me know. I will be happy to help you. Your brother Joe had a large family of five or six boys and one girl. Two boys are with the state police; the other works with the city police in the area. One son passed away a few years ago. All of them work and live in the area.
Last edited by Ron Gonzalez on Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Charolette

Post by Charolette »

Hi Josephine! I am so happy to see your post! I am your cousin Charolette. My mother is Genevieve. My Mother was 2 years younger than your mother. My Mother is still living and so is her youngest bother Duce.
I am going to send you an email and if you will send me a phone number I would love to talk to you. As soon as I saw your post I called my Mother and she is going to go thru her pictures and find the ones of your Mother. She doesn't think she has any of you Father, but maybe.
Josephine

Post by Josephine »

Hi Charolette,
I remember you...Mary Louise and Jody coming to visit when I lived at the Perri's. I will check for your email and call you. Thank you for getting in touch.
Jo
Josephine

Post by Josephine »

Hello, Ron,
Thank you for your reply and offer to help. I will contact Susie. Since, I was never exposed to my father's side of the family do you know of any one on the Menendez side that I might contact for info on my dad?
Ron Gonzalez

Post by Ron Gonzalez »

All of your dad's family has passed away, so I would think that one of your cousins on your dad's side of the family would be the way to go. I would think about contacting some of you brother Joe's family. They my have some info that Joe had and the boys may still have it. If I can be of any help to you let me know.
Charolette

Post by Charolette »

Josephine, the only picture that I have here is of the 6 youngest Garcia children. From left to right they are Olga, Mary, Genevieve (GeeGee), Margaret, Joe (Duce), and Sabrina.

Return to “Introduction of Members - Presentación de miembros”